Re: "Free" NFL Mobile
Weth
Legend

42ezra wrote:

Verizon is obviously a fraudulent enterprise and some folks should get together and mount a class action based on their fraudulent advertising of DATA FREE NFL MOBILE STREAMING - you see and hear the ads on TV everywhere and I hear and see "stream live NFL football games without using any of you data". But that is not true. You only can stream data free if you have one of the larger plans. Folks, this is misleading advertising in the best possible light. In the worst light it's shameful fraud and definitely illegal. What can we do?

What you are stating is not true. There is no minimum plan size. All you need is a postpay LTE plan with a phone. Verizon will count data used watching the NFL games zero rated and show up as freebie data. Where are you getting your incorrect information? You can also now watch the NFL games on your phone on the Go90 app in addition to NFL Mobile - both let you stream the games on your postpay LTE smartphone without counting against your data.

Live local and primetime games only. Available to Verizon Wireless postpay customers over LTE. Other app activity, including downloading and browsing, counts against your Verizon Wireless data plan. Add’l data and/or bill credits will be provided to cover data usage for ads included in NFL video content. Subject to change.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

42ezra wrote:

You only can stream data free if you have one of the larger plans. This is not true

As Weth correctly stated, the NFL free streaming is available to all plan sizes on Verizon plan.  We have the Medium plan (4GB) and we are not charged data when we watch the games over cellular.

And an update, when the bonus data was first introduced, in my comments above I stated I had to call in and get the credits applied - that only happened the first time.  I was pleasantly surprised to see the bonus data show up "automagically" the next month, and it has been there each month so far.  I'll be sad to see the season end - not only because I enjoy football, but I'll miss the data bonus each month too.  And for us, it WAS a bonus, since we were on wifi to watch the games most of the time anyway, and I don't think we used a GB for commercials the few times we did watch over cellular.

0 Likes
42ezra

I'm sure you feel confident in your incorrect information. Yesterday a Verizon CS rep told me quite emphatically the only way to get data free nfl streaming is with the larger plans. [Removed]

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone will 

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on my experience, the rep was emphatically wrong.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

The rep is wrong plain and simple. This is unfortunately not unusual that you get incorrect information from a rep that we correct on here.

There is no minimum plan that you need to be on.

Call back and get someone else. Start streaming the games on the Go90 app, but don't believe that rep who had the wrong info.

Then come back on here and let us know we were right.

0 Likes