"Share Everything" = Share Our Customers
AMulqueen

After exploring Verizon's new rate options, i.e. "Share Everything" and prepaid, I have concluded that Verizon wants to share its customers with other carriers.  I sure as heck don't want either plan.

Share Everything is too expensive for a customer with one phone who does not need huge amounts of voice and text, prepaid is inconvenient (I'm on AutoPay now) and would make me feel like a poor college student paying bills with change.

Unless Verizon stops playing games with its customers, I will be looking to "share" my business with other carriers at renewal time.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Share Everything" = Share Our Customers
Tidbits
Legend

If you feel that way switching to another carrier is your only option.  Why get something you don't agree with them fit the bill while complaining about it? <Comment removed.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are happy with your current plan, you can keep it ... you don't have to switch to Share Everything.  The only thing you couldn't keep when upgrading is unlimited data, if you have it, but that also wouldn't require a switch to Share Everything ... you could choose a tiered data plan.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

...  Should I start using the word foolish, or silly instead of asinine?

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
AMulqueen

The "tiered data plan" you speak of is only available as a prepaid plan.  Prepaid is a pointless inconvenience for people who don't have trouble paying their bills from month to month.

0 Likes
AMulqueen

One more thing about the undesirable Prepaid plans: according to info on Verizon's website, the Prepaid option only applies to 3G.  I've got a 4G phone and will only replace it with another 4G phone, so Verizon will eventually expect me to pay 30% more for MUCH more service than I need.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AMulqueen wrote:

The "tiered data plan" you speak of is only available as a prepaid plan. 

Not true; unless you have a really old calling plan, you can choose a tiered data plan rather than switching your account to Share Everything.

0 Likes
Not applicable

AMulqueen wrote:

One more thing about the undesirable Prepaid plans: according to info on Verizon's website, the Prepaid option only applies to 3G.  I've got a 4G phone and will only replace it with another 4G phone, so Verizon will eventually expect me to pay 30% more for MUCH more service than I need.

I'm not sure where you're getting this info that yo have to switch to Share Everything. We've upgrade 2 phone since July and we have stayed on our old plans.

0 Likes
AMulqueen

Existing plans are not grandfathered forever.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No they aren't I am pretty sure they are grandfathered at least until the end of my contract. I'll worry about that then. You;re worrying about stuff that might not happen for YEARS. So really I;m not getting your point.

0 Likes