Re: "Switch to Verizon" Promotion is Misleading; Nearly Impossible to Redeem
Hexscyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just switched from Sprint and have hit the same wall. After being told by the Rep in their Burbank California store that I would receive a "visa card" for the reimbursement within two to four weeks of submitting my information. I then called the customer service number after about five weeks and got a different story altogether. This time they stated it is "in the fine print" that the reimbursement payment would be more like 8-10 weeks and to wait for the confirmation email for once the process was completed. So I did this and received and email but it was not a confirmation of completion, instead it was a notice that I was not valid for this offer. I call the support number which of course is no longer in service (nice move Verizon) and then I had to call the regular number for support which then transferred me around. Once I got a hold of someone who could look into it they told me that I was only able to get 100.00 back. I told them this is not correct. I traded in a brand new iPhone 6s+ that was on Lease from Sprint and was assured I qualified before I signed on. Then after being transferred to a "support team lead" I was told that the documents I submitted (my bill from sprint and the receipt from Verizon) only show that a 100.00 line termination fee was paid. I was beside myself considering the bill I sent them and was looking at showed 750.48 in lease cancelation fees and line termination fees. Then when I had them take another look the rep said he could see it but that because it was not "itemized" and listed specifically under the phone number moved over that they could not accept it. They said the WEB-L-### needed to appear under the number with no other numbers around it. To this I asked them how I am supposed to get this as I don't control Sprint or how they make their bills. Clearly I had the WEB-L-### on the bill, the charges were showing and they can see the number was ported over. But this was not good enough. So I then reached out to Sprint again and asked them to please get me a copy of my bill with only this phone number and the charges pertaining to it. They said they cannot do that as their system doesn't allow it. So I then went into a branch office and asked if they could help me, and they were able to print off a copy of the bill for just this one line. I have since resubmitted it to the Switchresubmissions@yourwirelessswitchcenter .com five time now over the past two weeks and I have yet to see any status change or hear back from anyone as to if they received it even. (Note this last rep said when I submit it I would receive and email confirmation to which I did not receive ANYTHING!).

Long story short, I am engaging two attorneys to file a class action lawsuit against Verizon on my behalf for false advertising and deceptive business practices. I am done dealing with this company and trying to jump through hoops only to find no resolution and zero cooperation from Verizon. This process has already cost my over 1000.00 from paying off the former line and having to pay two companies for service plus the activations fees and tax. All in all this is the worst experience I have ever had with a carrier and I really wish I could go back to Sprint or anyone else for that matter at this point.

If anyone else reads this and would like to take part in the lawsuit please contact me as I will be gathering information as needed to support the claims and supply the attorney with documentation so this can proceed.

0 Likes
hworkman
Enthusiast - Level 3

You sound like us with our Rep in the store. He was very nice, but told us totally different things than what was in the fine print. He also didn't say anything about getting a credit for our trade ins which was $200, we were just told it would be the Visa card that we would receive in 2-4 weeks. I've been fighting this since January. I haven't even bothered to fight with the email to resubmit anything. Also, I was disconnected from the number they provided, after being told it was a non-working number.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe fcc does not allow class action lawsuits for cellular companies like Verizon.

0 Likes
Bonnieskinney

I am also having issuses with this switch to verizon promotion . they just give you a run around !!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Bonnieskinney

Hexscyn how do we contact you?

0 Likes
Bonnieskinney

Hexscyn,you do not have anywhere to contact you at?

0 Likes
JMolenhour
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, what is the recourse? I am utterly frustrated and ready to create a media cyclone.

0 Likes
Hexscyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've reached out to the channel 4 news team. They need some documentation from everyone to bring this story forward. Contact nbc4consumer@nbcuni.com

0 Likes
Markbot1
Enthusiast - Level 2

lol

Scott_H

I am having a similar experience. I traded in an iPhone 5c when I switched from straighttalk and received an email today saying it was invalid because the RECIEPT did not have the ID number of the phone I traded in. When I called tonight the first time the employee said hold one minute then transferred me without telling me who or why he was transferring me so I hung up and called back. The next employee wouldn't listen either and said the ID number would be on the reciept which it isn't, so I went online and went to my reciepts to fibd it and the one on there doesn't have it either. In my opinion this is just a scam and Verizon Wireless stole my old phone and will not provide what they promised or return the phone. I am thinking of reporting the iPhone stolen and then following it with charges of theft by deception against Verizon. I am also posting on every site I can find that this is a scam.

0 Likes