"authorized" dealer - feels like a scam
sgenkil

Dear

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Couple of months ago we walked into a brand new store that just opened up on the plaza next to my house. The place looks and feels like an authentic Verizon wireless store from the signs on the wall outside to the color scheme and insignia inside. The staff was super friendly and eager to recruit. My wife wanted to get the iPhone 5 for the longest time and since our Tmobile contract was coming to an end we figured this was as good time as any,

The friendly representative told us to wait till TMo contract was over, end it with TMo and then come an visit the store again. Which is exactly what we did. On 9/21 we walked into the store where we were promised two iPhone 5 and a phone for my dad. My dads phone we received right away and filled out all of the other paperwork as we were assured that the other two phones are on the way and we will receive them in a day or so as they were so popular they were flying off the shelves.

Week later, we  hear a different story - phone is old and can no longer be ordered. You must get iPhone 5c which is the same thing...we assure you. I personally dont care for the childish color scheme which is why we wanted the 5 to begin with --- but we agreed.

Another week later - oh sorry its on back order

its 10/14 now with no end in sight - still no phone...no ETA....

Meanwhile we went back to TMo and are paying month to month. Frankly, unless I hear a pretty good reason from either my wife or you guys (which i highly doubt) I see no point what so ever to keep trying to start a relationship with VZW.

I personally found this experience highly unprofessional and disappointing - makes me wonder what "authorization" actually goes into an "Authorized dealer"

Your soon to be ex-customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "authorized" dealer - feels like a scam
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the address of this store? Then the community members can confirm whether or not it is a corporate store or a retailer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sgenkil

3 bustelton pike Feastetville - trevose

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sgenkil wrote:

3 bustelton pike Feastetville - trevose

Where the heck is that? That doesn't even look like an address. Including the State location within the United States is important to use the store locator link above.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053

http://www.wirelesszone.com/feasterville

Premium Retailer. The sign clearly identifies it as such. Not corporate store.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why did you chose to visit a premium retailer? I would rather visit a corporate store any day before a retailer. Also arming yourself with knowledge from your own research before going to a store could have saved you a lot of headaches.

0 Likes
justmike7900

Russell cellular as an authorized agent for the big Verizon should be ashamed of themselves if they are talking about being back to their core values. Core values of watt a used car salesman ?the bait and switch?  And these employees might not know any better but I certainly wouldn’t sell somebody a refresh phone without telling them just to let you know this phone has been out in somebody else’s hands and they returned it within 30 days. And I wouldn’t sell somebody RUW phone in an area that is never going to get ultra wireless. And I wouldn’t turn around and tell somebody you’re going to give them an OtterBox for their new phone when the same box that they had works on their new phone doesn’t make sense neither does a lot of these charges like overcharging me for the phone that I bought

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes