renewing contract without upgrading the phone
faatdaat

Is it possible to renew a contract without getting a new subsided upgrade phone? The reason is the stop verizon take away the unlimited data plan after buy a smartphone in full price.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: renewing contract without upgrading the phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You renew your contract when you purchase a subsidized phone.  If your contract ends and you don't buy a subsidized phone, then you just go month-to-month.  If you want to maintain your unlimited data, then you must buy your phone at full retail price or from somewhere like ebay (anywhere that won't require you to sign a new two-year contract).

0 Likes
faatdaat

You missed my point.  I don't to go month to month.  If i have a contract with verizon that I have unlimited data for two years, verizon can't, contractually, take a way my unlimited data plan before the end of my contract. I don't want to spend $600 or more on a new phone and ended up having unlimited data for only 6 months because verizon decided to terminate the unlimited data for all.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I didn't miss your point.  As stated, you renew your contract by purchasing a subsidized phone, otherwise when your contract ends, you go month to month.  If you renew your contract, your unlimited data is lost and you're switched to a tiered data plan (i.e., $30 for 2 GB).  And actually, your data is a feature, not part of the contract ... Verizon could kill it at any time.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems you have missed the point.

You say you don't want to go month to month. I think you are saying you want to extend your contract with your current terms so Verizon won't take away your unlimited data for the next 2 yrs.

First of all, when you sign a contract with Verizon, you aren't technically renewing your contract. You are starting a new contract. Signing this new contract WILL end your unlimited data. Getting the subsidized phone is just the signing bonus you get for signing this new contract.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was recently offered this option. I'm out of contract for almost a year now. Supposedly when I asked about it wouldn't have affected my unlimited data, but I chose to decline the offer anyway.

Sketch24414128.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

faatdaat wrote:

You missed my point.  I don't to go month to month.  If i have a contract with verizon that I have unlimited data for two years, verizon can't, contractually, take a way my unlimited data plan before the end of my contract. I don't want to spend $600 or more on a new phone and ended up having unlimited data for only 6 months because verizon decided to terminate the unlimited data for all.

Renewing your contract whether or not you upgrade still means you can't keep unlimited. New contract new terms. And new contract do not allow for unlimited data. Unlimited will be gone in less than 18 months most likely. Most customers don't have unlimited anymore anyway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Faatdaat, once your contract expires, you may continue services on a month to month basis, with no contractual agreement with us. Addionally, you will also be able to keep your unlimited data plan.

There's several new devices available at this time. We want to keep you in the latest and greatest Smartphone! You may purchase a new phone at full retail pricing and keep your unlimited data plan. However, if you take advantage of promotional pricing, you will need to switch to a current data plan.

Have you ever reviewed your average data usage? Our new Share Everything plans may better suit your wireless needs. Click http://bit.ly/T8w8iM for more details. ^LH

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Faatdaat, once your contract expires, you may continue services on a month to month basis, with no contractual agreement with us. Addionally, you will also be able to keep your unlimited data plan.

That should read "you will also be able to keep your unlimited data plan for now."

Once out of contract Verizon can end unlimited at anytime.

0 Likes