restricted number blocker
aesulli

I was wondering if there was any way to block calls from people who restrict their number? I have this on my land phone line, I was just wondering if that was available for cell phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: restricted number blocker
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not exactly, as you can only block specific numbers, and if the number is blocked...

I have heard of limited success by putting a block on 999-999-9999, which is how the restricted number comes up in the call log.  I haven't tried it myself though, so I can't say for sure.

Quoting from Verizon's FAQ's on Spam Controls:

"Call & Message Blocking allows you to designate and block up to 5 phone numbers from calling or sending text, picture or video messages to you.

You cannot block numbers that are within your account nor can you block non-10 digit numbers such as 911, 411 or #MIN (to check minutes used)....

Blocking will expire 90 days from the date of your first block. You can reestablish blocking by adding blocking preferences after they expire."

These blocks are free, you can call CS and have them place the blocks, or you can do it yourself through MyVerizon, then Verizon Safeguards (left side menu) and Spam blocks.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you called Customer Service and asked about Call Intercept for cell phones? This sets it up so that callers without an ID, must identify themselves before the call is put though.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Elizabeth,

I haven't heard of this service before - how does it work?  Is there a fee - monthly or per use?  Is there a FAQ or page on the site about it?  Thanks for any info you can give!

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

You'll find some information on it in the residential pages, but I understand it is also available for cell phones but as always, custosmer service can help with questions on what services are offered and the related fees.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

All I see relates to RESIDENTIAL SERVICE, and there is a monthly fee; you need to have caller ID (which cell phones do have) and Call Intercept added to your residential service - not cell phones.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That's why I suggested calling customer service and asking. As I do not work for Verizon, I only have the information shared by others here on the forum.

0 Likes