skipping phone message
kr59trav

How can someone skip my long voice mail message to leave their message?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: skipping phone message
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
They can hit the # key during the message to skip right to the "beep" - or you can use a free service like YouMail and eliminate all of Verizon's canned stuff and have JUST your greeting.

With YouMail you can also personalize the greeting based on the number calling, you can listen to messages and manage everything from your computer as well as your phone....and it's all free. Google YouMail and check it out.
0 Likes
Re: skipping phone message
spaidhrin

As of late 2012, pressing the * (asterisk) key works for a caller to skip yoiur voice-mail outbound recorded message. Pressing the # key causes the system (auto-attendant) to prompt the caller for the passcode.

All of the printed material in the manuals that I could download did not mention the "*" key until I came across it under "Time Saving Tips" at the following link:

https://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/faqs/Features%20and%20Optional%20Services/faq_voice_mail.htm...

The iPhone 5 32GB manual would not cleanly download for me (even after four tries: 13.6MB), so I can't tell if the device manual has the correct guidance.

0 Likes