slow speed 4G functionally useless
valthor

Hello,

In recent months the 4g LTE service at my home has degraded to the point that it's useless. I'd be better using a 56k dial up modem, no joking! Most web sites won't load most of the time and when I do a speed test it's very slow around 1 MB or less sometimes just a 100-200 kbps. This happens using my 5510 mifi and both of our phones. What can Verizon do to help troubleshoot this? BTW my work phone uses ATT wireless and I get super fast speed like I used to with verizon (10-12 Mbps) all the time and no trouble loading web sites. So this is definitely a problem with the Verizon network, like a tower is down or the backhaul is saturated or oversubscribed. I know Verizon uses fiber back haul so there should be plenty of bandwidth from the tower back to the POP. Verizon please get in touch with me and troubleshoot this problem or I have no choice but become churn, I work from home and I have to have a good internet connection. I'll be happy with 5 MBps, help me out please!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: slow speed 4G functionally useless
valthor

Please disregard my post. I called *611 and they helped me out, they could not resolve my issue but they have opened a ticket to have the issue looked at. I did not know I could call for help when I posted or I would have done that first. Very glad I called, Sandy did all she could to help, then sent me to Dominique for Tier II support and then he opened the ticket for me. Very friendly patient people on the other end of the phone, I'm happy and sure they will get me fixed up.

0 Likes