static on line calling out area code 203
spikeous

Anyone have problems with calling out to certain phone numbers?  Everytime I call a friend with area code 203, the static immediately starts before even the line starts to ring and continues on the duration of the call.  The other called party never hears this noise/crackling during the telephone call.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: static on line calling out area code 203
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
spikeous,

That isn't a typical thing to experience! Let's get your line working smoothly! Does it happen with ever 203 area code call, or is it a specific number only? Everytime you call, are you in a particular location? If so, what zipcode are you in when it happens.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
spikeous

I only call one phone number in this area code. It happens it seems only when he is in the same part of Florida as me. Now that he's no longer in the state it has not done it. Zip code 33605

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
spikeous,

This certainly is not something we would expect to happen when you call this number. It's great to hear that it currently is not an issue. Whenever they visit again, could you test to see if the issue persists? We definitely would love to know what the outcome is.

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
spikeous

I just called this telephone number while they were in Maine and had this same problem.  Static while the line was ringing and then while I listed to their voicemail. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional info, spikeous! I'd like to find out more. When calling, if he picks up the phone, does the static continue? Have you asked if anyone else experiences this when calling him? Please up date us with this additional information, and we can work to figure this out with you.

MichelleH_VZW
0 Likes
spikeous

The static continues on during the call but he says he cannot hear it. No one else experiences it that he knows of. He has AT&T.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Spikeous,

Thanks for the hard work! We want your calls to be crystal clear at all times. What device  you have? Are you using a bluetooth headset on these calls? Have you tried placing the device on speakerphone to see if the static stops?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
0 Likes
spikeous

It's an iPhone 6 Plus. I'm not a phone novice. It's definitely a call quality issue either from the connection from Verizon to AT&T or on the AT&T side of the line. It's pretty bad that I have to do a FaceTime audio call to circumvent the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello spikeous!

You are certainly answering many questions and we appreciate that!  Just to clarify, if you are only having these problems with one AT&T customer, and all of your other calls are fine, I would have your friend have his phone checked. On your phone, you want to ensure you have the latest software version. Go to: Settings>General>Software Update to accept latest software. Here's another link to assist with sound issues from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203794

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes