still waiting for my promo-code....
jtrain84

I recently upgraded my phone from the iphone5 to the iphone6s.  I wanted to trade in my old phone because Verizon was giving out a deal for $200 for the iphone5 if I upgraded.  After I upgraded to the new phone, the person who I talked to said that I had to wait for a promo-code to trade in my old phone and that it should take about 3-5 days via my email account.  It has been 3 weeks now and I have STILL not seen any email that indicates there is a promo-code.  I have called Verizon twice each at the end of the week about this and every time they would first apologize and then tell me that I should be getting the code 'this coming week.'  One of them also said they would call me at the end of the week if I didn't get the code and she would give it to me then.  That week ended and no phone call came in.  The last person that I talked to, I have to admit was very nice and helpful but still told me that the new code should be arriving shortly.  Now when I appraise my old phone it says that they would only give me $81. I do not understand why Verizon can't just give me the code when I call instead of waiting for it to come in via email.  I only have one email account tied with Verizon unless they have some other email account that I have no idea about. 

I will not be calling for the fourth time just to get lied again and be told that the new code will be coming in soon.  Hopefully someone from the Verizon admin can get in touch with me to resolve this debacle.  This will probably be the last time I buy a new phone from Verizon and honestly, after I pay off this new phone, I will probably consider switching carriers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: still waiting for my promo-code....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jtrain84, We want you to get what you deserve. The entire process can take up to six weeks, if this was completed around the launch of the new iPhone. Have you checked all your spam folders? . Our Device Trade-in Team can verify your email address and investigate this further for you. To speak with the Device Trade-in Team, call (800) 416-8894.
TrinetteW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
brewcrew307

Did you ever end up receiving your code?  I am waiting too...  Been 2 weeks.  Really want this taken care of and it seems like no one can help.

As a new Verizon customer, this is extremely aggravating.  Hoping to hear some good news on your end, so I can stay patient. 

0 Likes
jtrain84

Yes, eventually.  Unfortunately the person that I called couldn't get me a code and basically told me I had to go down the store to get the code which I didn't understand why.  But I did go to the store and I finally got the code I needed so I'm glad its over.

0 Likes