suddenly getting "SOS only" no service on new iphone 13 mini
katyod
Enthusiast - Level 2

If someone could help me with this because I am beyond frustrated with Verizon right now. Three calls with Tech Support and no solution. Got an Iphone 13 mini last December and everything worked fine until Verizon brought the 5G Home service to my area (along with all the ads and emails to get it for just a few dollars more with my plan -the importance of this tidbit will come later). Suddenly I started getting "no service" while on internet on my phone. Odd but sporadic. Then I started having a ton of dropped calls along with it. I called IT and the tech ran diagnostics, had me do a few things and said he thought the signal in the nearby tower needed to be checked. He also mentioned that with my plan that I should NEVER be without a signal, hence the tower signal info. Well, things got better for a week or so and then it started up again with several days of virtually nothing but dropped calls and no service. Next IT confirmed my area was reporting very poor service from all data and plan users in the area. BTW call dropped several times during this and she called me right back fully understanding my frustration. Well, we ran the same tests and solutions but this time I was told that they were being told to suggest we get the home internet to see if that fixed the problem. Ummm, NO! That is not a solution at all. Now during all of this my Android device on my plan was getting the same messages. The tech understood and also felt it was a tower issue...we got cut off again and I had no service for quite awhile so I had to call back later on. The third IT began to say it was my phone and suggested I trade it in for a refurbished phone. Um, brand new iphone for a used one? Again, my android tablet was having same issue. For a day and a half now I have virtually had no internet service and most calls drop constantly. The online troubleshoot states that there is no problem in my area (I know this to be false), the siding of my house could be blocking signals (really??? never had an issue til recently), or (best yet) the windows of my house could be blocking the signal. Must be a very weak signal if that is the case.

So, thank you for enduring this lengthy issue but really Verizon, I have read some of the other threads on this and am disturbed that you won't address it out in the open but only through private messages to people. What is the solution? For the money I spend on my plan I should at least be getting credit for no access to the service you are supposed to provide.

Re: suddenly getting "SOS only" no service on new iphone 13 mini
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, katyod. Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you send a Private Note for further assistance?

*Alexis

0 Likes
katyod
Enthusiast - Level 2

*Alexis what info do you have?

0 Likes
katyod
Enthusiast - Level 2

*Alexis, I am sorry but apparently it is not allowing me to send one directly to you. I apologize. Perhaps you could answer here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be honored to look into this for you. Simply send us a Private Note, so we can get right to work for you.

*Jeremy

0 Likes
QueenWindy
Enthusiast - Level 1

9419B594-A43E-44E5-8276-3F17DE97E656.jpeg

It’s always the  callers issue or phone issue. Trying to get through to a “live” person is a nightmare, not the same customer service. Verizon has known FOR YEARS of poor cell tower service in downtown SA, and yet here we are. I guess if I want awful  service, for less I’ll switch to a cheaper service provider. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

QueenWindy, our goal is to provide you with a great support experience, so we apologize for the issues with support. We are here to work toward a resolution. Are you experiencing the SOS only message when the phone is used in a certain location or all locations?

-David

0 Likes
ruliak
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've got the exact same issue: got Verizon's home LTE in NYC, 2-3 weeks working great,  and then started having sporadic disconnects few times a day. And not only on Home LTE, but also on my iPhone that never had any issues with connection. What the heck?

@vzw_customer_support I'm trying to send you a DM, but the website doesn't work, so message me back to resolve this issue. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ruliak, we're sorry to hear about the connectivity issues you're experiencing as of late. Keeping you connected is vital, and we'd love to help find out what's going on. For further review, we'll be sending a Private Note shortly.

~Izzy

0 Likes