terrible customer service
hat3vzn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with verizon wireless for 10+ years. The company is terrible at customer service. I've been on the phone with customer service agents, and 98 percent of the time , they are rude, cocky, and not helpful. Once, it even escalated to a supervisor a few years ago, and it turns out he was just as rude. I've been stuck in the company due to a family plan. Everyone upgraded their phone at different times, so our contracts don't coincide. At this point, I will even consider taking the penalty and paying just to leave the company. Verizon is horrible to their customers. I was trying to pre order a Note 3 phone because my line was due to upgrade.I would think they would appreciate my business, as I am showing my interest to renew my contract and stay with their company, even though they treat their customers terribly. I ordered my phone and then I get a call back saying to call them about my order. So, I called them about the order and it turns out, they want me to send them a letter from the social security administration office to verify my identity??? I simply want to order a new phone, I was shocked!!! I offered to send them a copy of my social security card, which I would think would suffice. I was able to verify everything on the phone with them to prove it was me. The lady was absolutely useless and rude on the phone; she told me that is against company policy. So, let me get this straight, verizon wants me to take a day off work, and go to the social security office to obtain and letter from them to verify my identity, JUST TO ORDER THE NEW PHONE. Who do they think they are??? I hate verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: terrible customer service
budone
Legend

So you have been with them for ten years, so you have had many chances to leave without an ETF, but now you are willing to pay an ETF.

Alrighty

0 Likes
Re: terrible customer service
hat3vzn
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I have mentioned, I was stuck with Verizon because other family members have renewed their contracts, so our contracts don't coincide. Hence, it  became a vicious cycle, being stuck with verizon.

0 Likes