the account plan HD switch to activate 720p won't work. any ideas?
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey all,

I just recently switched to Verizon. I have 4 lines, all on the Get More Unlimited Plan. I'm encountering this issue that multiple people have reported on the Verizon reddit forum about but with no solution ever presented. I've tried verizon support but they all say everything looks good on their side.

Essentially I have 4 lines: 1) Ipad pro tablet line/ 2) iPhone 7 Plus/ 3) S8+ Unlocked/ 4) Iphone XS

Right now, when you log into the main account and access each lines plans, all 3 phone lines show the hd-quality feature as off, when you try to turn them on, you get a spinning wheel and then an error message.

>"**An error occured while processing your request.** Please try again later."

If you click on the "premium option" to inquire about adding 1080 access, it shows that all the lines except for the IPhone 7 Plus are "Not compatible". What.The.Heck? Is this a bug? I'm also the account owner. Thoughts? I've tried activating this on multiple browsers and through the verizon app. Ive submitted an IT ticket 7 days ago and have not gotten any response.

0 Likes
Re: the account plan HD switch to activate 720p won't work. any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear you joined the Verizon Wireless family, shotgunanybody. We apologize for this experience with adding this feature and we can certainly get a second opinion on this matter. Let's get some additional information. Where did you originally purchase these unlocked devices? Does this same issue happen when you use the My Verizon app?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

it was all Byod. I bought my Samsung years ago from the Samsung, the tablet from Apple, Apple x from Apple and the iPhone 7 plus was bought directly from verizon

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, it happens with the app, all browsers. etc. One poster on reddit who said he just started recently dealing with the problem said he's been with Verizon for 20 years and has had the ability to turn on the switch before. He said he started messing with upgrading and downgrading his plans and the switch went off and now won't come back,even after switching to the tier plan. The corporate store I spoke to tried downgrading my line at one point and then upgrading to try and fix the prob but it didn't work 

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

thing is, I had verizon for a long time before I left for tmobile and I loved it. I've wasted countless hours trying to fix a stupid prob and no one either wants to or can fix it. I hate to leave verizon so soon after joining but if nothing gets fixed I'll prolly leave and this time I won't come back. *face palm*

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, shotgunanybody! We want to look into the IT ticket you mentioned previously. We have sent you a Private Note to best assist.

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you I responded

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your account and service concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help. Let's work together! We've noted your reference about an IT Ticket having been initiated. Can you tell us more about this? We'd like to help you here.  - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

For some weird reason, ever since I ported over to verizon from t-mobile I cannot activate the 720p switch in my plan settings on any of my lines. When I was with t-mobile, as they use a similar setup with their resolution streaming, I just logged into my account, went to each line and flipped a switch and voila I had 1080. With verizon though there is a problem on the back-end which is preventing the switch from being turned on. I've had some reps tell me its because my phone is unlocked and not originally a verizon phone which is false and has nothing to do with the problem. I've had others tell me that 720p is automatically activated on the Get More Plans which is what my lines have, that also is false. You have to turn the 720p feature on. Anytime I try to turn the switch on, from the my verizon app or from a browser I get an orange bar processing error and it wont let me. If I could easily attach screenshots here I would. The error states: "An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later." If I click on the "premium addon", specifically the $10 addon to get 1080 added to my lines the site states that my s8+, my iphone xs and my 12' ipad tablet is not compatible for 1080 (despite the fact that my tablet is automatically configured on the account as getting 720 and can support 4k resolution). Something is not right on the server back-end and its been about 3 weeks now and I can't get higher then 480p on any of my phone lines. I'm really close to jumping ship as this is completely absurd. 

0 Likes
shotgunanybody
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point to my knowledge the ticket is still open and I'm still waiting to hear back about any progress with getting this issue fixed. I really don't want to leave but I'm not paying a premium for 480p streaming

0 Likes