Re: time limits for upgrades?
Not applicable

You can NEVER extend your contract.  Every contract expires at the end of 24 months.  You can sign a NEW contract when your old contract has expired.  The new contract is subject to the terms and conditions in place at the time you enter into the new contract.

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah, that's what I meant, extending the contract by signing a new 2-year one.

As people have already stated you can't hold someone to something they said when things change everyday. At that time that rep was probably right, things change every day.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

farris804 wrote:

Thanks for the answers I just wanted to make sure because I thought I read somewhere (can't remember where) that you lose the discounted upgrade price in 6 months or a year after upgrade eligibility date. 

What that refers to is the additional "loyalty discount" of $30 or $50 (used to be $100 but that's long gone) over and above the discounted phone price.  If you had that credit available (only primary account holders on family plans and individual accounts had this) you had (have) 6 months from the time you became eligible for an upgrade to use it - or 2 months beyond your contract expiration.

As others have explained, anytime after you become eligible, soon to coincide with when your contract expires, you can purchase a discounted phone and sign a new contract.  Or not.  The choice is yours to be month to month and free to swap carriers at will, or to commit to staying with Verizon for 24 months and getting a huge discount on a phone. 

0 Likes
kobra_kai
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon does let people pay full price.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I said Verizon should GET RID OF SUBSIDIZED PHONES altogether and let everyone pay full price.  I did not say Verizon does not let people pay full price.  Those are two entirely different statements with totally different meanings.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Easy there Jimbo

0 Likes
Not applicable

my car company reminds me constantly even when I just purchased a new one. And unlike cell companies I get letters telling me my warranty is about to expire with 12,000 miles on the car and the warranty is 6 years 60,000 miles.

So yeah it could happen.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Not applicable

I bet they don't offer you a 60% discount off list price guaranteed for the next 20 months.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I wish they did. I would love 60% off a new car....

0 Likes