trade in credit issue
Carmen_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i decided to switch over to verizon from another provider solely because of their trade in credit offer of $1000 for my old phone when i started a new contract with them. I got my new phone on 09/13/2021 in store and was given a box to ship my old phone out in sometime in the next few days. i shipped my old phone out in the box provided on 09/15/2021 at 2:52 pm. tracking number: 1z90a26f9037898309 . The phone was delivered to them on 11/21/2021 at 10:54 am. It is now 12/02/2021 and when i check my trade in status it just says "pending device receipt" which its been saying since 09/13/2021. When is verizon going to reimburse me for my trade in? Every other post seems to be about verizon giving someone the runaround about trade in credits. I expected better from verizon since ive had friends and family go through them for service in the past and had nothing but good things to say so color me surprised when verizon promptly messed up. I expect verizon to make this right ASAP. 

Re: trade in credit issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carmen_R, thanks so much for reaching out to us abou this via this platform. I totally understand how you feel, trade-ins are crucial to your account, so I am more than happy to provide and clear up some details for you. Currently, due to all the device deal we've had for the past couple months, our warehouse has been intaking 1000s of devices on a daily basis. This is the busy time of year for us, so the warehouse is a bit backed up right now. However, the tracking proves that we do have the device in our warehouse, it just needs to be checked in on your account. This process is taking longer than normal. Also, all of offers state in the details on our website that trade-in credits take 1-3 billing cycles to reflect on your account. I truly apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, that is never the intent. Does this help shed some light on things for you?-Dia

0 Likes
Jmiranda
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same issue. I traded mine in March 2021, I have chatted, called every way to contact. To date, I have not received no credit towards my new device. 

TommyZ29

No. unfortunately it does not much shed light on my situation. We are all aware of the delays associated with the Covid related labor issues and I think most (reasonable) folks are understanding and patient.

I did the trade-in online at the Verizon website on 5/24/2021, Received the new phone 2 days later, transferred the data to the new phone, factory reset the old phone and immediately returned it using the enclosed packaging with pre-printed UPS ground shipping label provided by Verizon.  I also followed the shipment tracking on the UPS website printed off the proof of delivery (see below) since the UPS shipping details are only available for shipments delivered within the last 120 days. I did wait 3 billing cycles before contacting Verizon 9/28/2021 via phone and was told "your file has been updated with this information and will be escalated to the "Trade-In Team". On 10/30/2021 I initiated an online chat with the a Verizon, explained my situation AGAIN. I was then told   ... the "system" shows your $599 credit and it will be applied to the next billing cycle and you will see the credit on your November bill!". Of course, the November bill did not have the credit. So, despite your claim that "trade-in credits take 1-3 billing cycles to reflect on your account" its been 6 billing cycles and still no credit. 

This is not the way to treat a 20 year customer, or any customer for that matter, especially in the highly competitive wireless market, where your competitors will be sure to take advantage of it. This is all very disappointing and, shockingly, it appears to be quite a widespread issue from all the posts I am reading in this community forum.

Tracking Number- 1Z4E9W380688698920
Service- UPS Ground
Delivered On- 06/07/2021 9:28 A.M.
Delivered To- FORT WORTH, TX, US
Received By- RETURNS CENTER
Left At- Dock

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, gosh! Nine months is definitely way too long to go without getting this resolved, Jmiranda. We have sent you a Private Note to best assist.-Nikki

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TommyZ29,

Making sure you get the value for your trade that you are supposed to is a big deal. That's far too long to wait and we'll make sure we get to the bottom of this. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can get more details and help. 

-Andrew

0 Likes
wardfamilyinfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

@vzw_customer_support I have had the same issue and it's been almost a year now!

My phone was traded in back in January of this year and while the other lines we traded in have received their credits, mine has not been credited. I've gone to the store, spent hours on the phone, talked with multiple people- all to no avail. And I traded in an  excellent condition XR for the 12 Pro Max, so there shouldn't have been issues. I had provided the IMEI numbers, tracking numbers, etc. to every person I have spoken with. 

Please tell me how to fix this!

0 Likes
NurseClown

Add me to the list of everyone else getting the run around. 

I switched to Verizon and was promised $450 Bring Your Own Device credit. I brought 4 devices and the gentleman in the store stated he registered everything for the rebate and that I didn't have to do anything I would receive my credit as a prepaid card in the mail. 

A couple months later nothing so I reached out to Verizon, who stated I had 30 days to register for the rebate. I went through my emails including spam folder and nothing from them except offers to buy new devices and a friendly reminder that their offer to sell me device protection was going to expire.

HOW ABOUT A FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT MY REBATE REGISTRATION WINDOW WAS GOING TO EXPIRE??

Anyway, one rep I spoke to said he would escalate an appeal for me. I heard nothing from Verizon for a couple of weeks so I contacted Verizon again and another rep told me I have to go back to the store and speak with the salesman and that he should have a transaction number when he completed the registrations for my rebates. I contacted him and he was going to look urgently into it and get back to me. Haven't heard anything yet.

Why I am I doing all the legwork Verizon??? I shouldn't have to chase what was promised when I signed up. Verizon can check the records including the rebate offers available at the time of signing up and honor their promotion. If a registration is required within 30 days of sign up that NEEDS TO BE COMMUNICATED TO THE CUSTOMER. 

In the end this just all reflects poorly on you Verizon. And as someone who works with the public on a daily basis, I will be sure to share my experience with them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wardfamilyinfo,

This is no way to enjoy your new iPhone. We've sent you a private message to help look into options

-Arya

0 Likes
wardfamilyinfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update to my above post:

A Verizon agent reached out to me today & finally found the issue... I had my phone replaced via Apple Warranty shortly after getting it. My submission ID was still somehow linked to that original phone. 

All in all, a wonderful agent named Christine was the first one SINCE JANUARY to uncover the real issue! I talked to probably 8 different reps and she was the first to notice it! 

She said that I should see all of the back credits & continued credits on next billing cycle. I will update once those come as well. 

Huge thank you to Christine! I hope you get a bonus $$$