trade in not processed and phone now lost
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, customer for 18 years here. I signed up for two new phones and trade ins on two of my phones on my account. offer for $700 trade in was selected for both of the phones I was replacing and order was placed. Two days later I have my new phones and everything seems great. however, in the box was a single device trade in kit. 

being concerned about this, i check my account and see no evidence of one of my devices being processed for trade in. being concerned about this I visited a Verizon official store and was treated very poorly as i tried to explain my situation. without even looking at my account the representative printed out a return label that matched the one i already had and told me they will figure it out when they read IMEI. So I gullibly thought that made sense and went ahead and returned the devices. 

i put both the devices in the same box and waited to see if i got confirmation. I have not in fact received any confirmation from the return center and am seeing that the phone that was processed was received when i check the device status online.  still no indication that my other phone was received, processed or even scanned by the return center. 

I have since then tried multiple times to have this corrected by phone and online chat. the phone call representative issued a new trade in for a completely different phone on my account that i am not trading in. the chat representative was unable to help me at all and advised that I wait two billing cycles for the credit to just magically appear. 

I have a receipt from my original order that states that two phones were being traded in.  Somehow when my order was processed one of those phones was removed without my acknowledgement. This is a major error of the sales software and I, the customer, am literally paying for it. 

At this point I am willing to go without a phone entirely just to cancel my order while I am in my 30 day return period.  

0 Likes
Re: trade in not processed and phone now lost
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Smerherder, this certainly sounds like a convoluted situation, but one that can be resolved without the need to cancel your order. When you initially placed the order, did you receive a Submission ID for trade in on both devices? 

0 Likes
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

yes. I did. 

0 Likes
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

image removed for private information. 

0 Likes
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

So i guess this forum is another form of non customer service that I can count on from verizon?

Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

guess I'll just go eat worms

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Smerherder ,

Apologies, but we have sent you a private message already, as we would need to be able to access your account in order to get a better look at these trade-ins. Please view your inbox so that we can best assist you.

0 Likes
Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

the private messges (email) i have received had time sensitive links in them.

clicking on the links to grant permission to my account did not work at the time that i tried them. 

Smerherder
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support 

the links i was provided earlier to access my account have expired. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Please rejoin us in Private Note enabling us to send a new authentication link, Smerherder. We are standing by and ready to assist. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes