trade in tribulations
weinssh

does anyone know anything about Verizon giving a 100$ gift card for ANY iphone--even a 4????????????

...I have had  quite the Verizon experience today (current client for...10 years?).

finally decided to upgrade (after 3 yrs) from a iphone 4 (16) to 5S.  After a frustrating store experience (see below)  the on-line chat rep got my rate down  by 25$ month ( I have minimal data needs, but news plan gave me unlimited text and phone..I don't actually need those either!)   When I told him I was thinking about upgrading to the 5S, he gave me the sales number to call to order the phone and for a quote on a gift card for iphone  exchange. I already seen that the worth was "worth" 38  on line.  I get that it is a 4, but a friend traded her iphone 4 (8--NOT 16) for a 100 gift card on line--under an offer expiring June 30 (I have no idea why they'd pay 100 for a 4, but she is not a liar.)

I get the sales guy. Quoted me the same on-line and store price for the phone--which I am okay with.   I  told him the chat guy said I could arrange a "trade in" with him.  No, he said.  I had to do it on on-line, but they had a great offer--100$ for any iphone expiring June 30".  I told him it wasn't on line, he said he had nothing to do with that, but that I could still order phone with him and then exchange my 4 for the card card on line.  I figured I might as well get the 5S from him.  (I was still trying to figure out why anyone would give me 100 for the phone, but clearly they were doing it). Then he tried to put the phone order in, but could not because "the new service is pending and I cannot do anything yet without cancelling the order out".  Oh, he offered me 50$ for the cover, cell screen and car charger package--no bargain--the case is 12 bucks on amazon)

I  go back on the Verizon site--it tells me 38, but if I try to order the 5S,  it says my phone worth zilch.

I googled to see if I could find some chatter on this deal , expiring 6/30/14--but nothing.

SO--

thanks

FYI-- the start to my verizon evening: , or:

"Why I will never step foot in a Verizon-owned store again".  I spent 15 minutes trying to explain the difference between MB and GB to the clueless salesperson--who even after I showed her my last three bills detailing I used under 250 MB/month kept telling me that I use 2 GB/month.  Showed me her screen,  which noted  my plan ALLOWED  me 2 Gigs, but  insisted that was what I USED.  Finally she said, 'okay, so you use 1 GiG'--that WAS what it said on another screen. But  I know that Verizon only details the last three months usage in a bill,  prior to that, any usage under 1 gig, even just 1 mb, shows as 1 Gig.  She told me--honest-- that 1  MB was the same as a GIG. Then she said, when I tried to show her it wasn't, that it was "almost the same". She then said the plan I had--450 minutes (i use half that) , 1000 messages (I average 250) and 2 gig (never go over 230 mb) was the best I could get. (she had a hell of time figuring the Edge thing out--first she was pushing that hard, until she realized I could add and subtract better than she could.  Her phone price was the standard, she offered the same accessory package for 100$, not the $50 the phone rep did.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: trade in tribulations
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Your best bet would be to go to a store. Be prepared for them to try to sell you extra stuff like the package you mentioned that the phone guy tried to sell you. Remember, that is how they make their money and work on  commission. I think $50 for a case, screen protector and car charger is a deal. You can get a good case like the Otterbox Commuter, which is normally $35, in that package. I have seen those cheap cases from Amazon interfere with reception.

0 Likes
Re: trade in tribulations
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

weinssh  We apologize for the hassle you hasve experienced with upgrading and visiting our store. We want to make this a smooth process for you. We offer various promotions on select accounts. One of which is $100 the iphone 5s that expires 6/30/14. We would need to review your account for the specific details. Please send us a direct message and we can also review your data usage concern. 

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes