upgrade question--unlimited data
jas77

Hello,

My family and I currently have 3 phones on the nationwide 700 unlimited talk and text and also have unlimited data on our 2 smartphones.  My son has a flip phone on the third line and wants to upgrade to a smartphone (apparently a flip phone isn't cool enough for 8th grade..)  If we got him a smartphone for his upgrade, would my wife and I lose our unlimited data on our phones? Or would we keep unlimited and he would have to get a 2 or 4 GB plan separately?   Ive gotten two completely different answers from Verizon reps, so not sure where to go from here.  Im guessing that he wont have unlimited on his phone, but I don't want to lose unlimited on ours.  I suppose I could just keep the dumb phone and get him a prepaid acct separately if I have to , but would like to stay with Verizon and take advantage of his upgrade that he is due.  Thanks in advance for any advice with this question!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: upgrade question--unlimited data
Not applicable

As long as you change only his line to a smart phone you will incur a monthly cost to add the smart phone. Do not let Verizon change your plan. Do not accept any shared data plan, or everything plan, or even any edge plan. You are simply upgrading from a dumb phone to a smart phone. With the line you will have a choice of data for it.

Make sure you go to a Verizon corporate store and no resellers.

Make them give you a printout of your plan prior to purchase, and another print out after you upgrade your sons line.

Be very careful since Verizon is pushing edge plans and taking away unlimited data. Do not fall for you can have it changed back within 14 days if unlimited happens to be accidentally removed. It is nearly impossible to get it back since they no longer offer it.

Null pricing request or what ever they call it to get it back does not always work. Just read some of the horror stories.

Unlimited data is per line, not on the account as a whole.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

As long as you change only his line to a smart phone you will incur a monthly cost to add the smart phone. Do not let Verizon change your plan. Do not accept any shared data plan, or everything plan, or even any edge plan. You are simply upgrading from a dumb phone to a smart phone. With the line you will have a choice of data for it.

Make sure you go to a Verizon corporate store and no resellers.

Make them give you a printout of your plan prior to purchase, and another print out after you upgrade your sons line.

Be very careful since Verizon is pushing edge plans and taking away unlimited data. Do not fall for you can have it changed back within 14 days if unlimited happens to be accidentally removed. It is nearly impossible to get it back since they no longer offer it.

Null pricing request or what ever they call it to get it back does not always work. Just read some of the horror stories.

Unlimited data is per line, not on the account as a whole.

Good Luck

0 Likes
jas77

Thank you Elector, I appreciate you taking the time time to help answer my question!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My pleasure Smiley Happy

0 Likes