uprage to edge
JF7FSU

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and agreed to a 2 year contract. I am one year into the contract.  Is there a way to upgrade to Edge "as is" and renew? I am interested in the Note 4.  I suppose my other option is to pay the ETF on my contract.  any idea what that will cost me for 11 months?  Is there anything I am missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: uprage to edge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JF7FSU Upgrading is always an exciting time! Knowing your upgrade options is important, especially when we have so many great devices arriving such as the Note 4. The option to opt into Edge is available when your current contract is up. We can definitely check into your account to see if there are any promotions available that will allow you to enter into Edge prior to your contract ending. Please send me a private message for further review.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: uprage to edge
Not applicable

JF7FSU wrote:

I have a Galaxy Note 3 and agreed to a 2 year contract. I am one year into the contract.  Is there a way to upgrade to Edge "as is" and renew? I am interested in the Note 4.  I suppose my other option is to pay the ETF on my contract.  any idea what that will cost me for 11 months?  Is there anything I am missing?

Paying your ETF won't allow you to get on Edge. You only pay the ETF if you no longer going to have service with Verizon. If you restart service within 60 days you're old contract will just be started up again where it left off. But to answer the question your ETF would be $220 for 11 months remaining.

Verizon did have a promotion in July and August that allowed one to upgrade through Edge if you had 1 year or less left on your contract. This promotion apparently has ended. I'm sure they'll bring it up again. The Note 4 doesn't come out for another month so who knows they may will start it up again.

0 Likes