verizon suspends service for bill 25 days late on account with 12 years history?
JULWIL39

verizon suspends service for bill 25 days late on account with 12 years history?  Is this new practices?  How does one get the account out of suspense even after brining account current?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: verizon suspends service for bill 25 days late on account with 12 years history?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULWIL39, we always want to make sure you have a clear understanding of the bill. We encourage you to reach out to our Financial Services team for any question with a suspended account for a late payment. They can be reached at 866-266-1445. Once the account is brought current, it can take 15 minutes to one hour for service to be restored.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: verizon suspends service for bill 25 days late on account with 12 years history?
JULWIL39

will my 200,00 useless reward points get me out of suspense? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you pay the bill on time or are you continually late? Consistently paying late even just a couple of days is a pattern of behavior that raised red flags when you were almost a month late paying.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Once you paid all amounts due, power cycle your phones.  Expect reconnect fees on the next bill

You didn't say this is 12 years of perfect payment record.  If Verizon feels your credit history or ability to pay has deteriorated, they can terminate your service.

kmapplebeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does everyone assume that they didn't pay on time before. Verizon does what they want. If you don't pay them on time they shut you off. Which by the way is the easiest way to terminate your service. Try calling to cancel. Or using chat. It's near impossible. I spent 2 and a half hours on chat with someone to disconnect my tablet.  All they wanted to do is sell me a new one. Or a new phone. 2 1/2 hrs and it is still connected. Try calling, you'll be on hold for hours. Unless you're trying to pay them, then they pick up right away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JULWIL39, we always want to make sure you have a clear understanding of the bill. We encourage you to reach out to our Financial Services team for any question with a suspended account for a late payment. They can be reached at 866-266-1445. Once the account is brought current, it can take 15 minutes to one hour for service to be restored.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I doubt you were on chat for over 2 hours. That's crazy talk. In 5 years, I have never spent more that 3 minutes waiting for a repo get on the phone.

Verizon doesn't do what they want and if they did, all you have to is read your customer agreement to find out that you agreed to whatever action was taken.

They don't have to keep your service on even one day after the bill is due. As the customer, we request the service and we agree to pay on or by said due date. Verizon will attempt to contact someone who is late. If they can't get through, especially after 3 weeks they have every right to disconnect service. However, they don't usually do that until you have some sort of balance that is 60 or 90 days late.

kmapplebeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was on chat for 2 hours. I'd send you the transcript but I can't post it here. Yes Verizon does what they want because they have bought all of the politicians they need. User agreements are written in another language by lawyers so that no one understands them. As I am not a lawyer, I have no interest in legality. I'm glad you have the direct line to customer service. How about sharing that with the poor masses that have to wait hours and hours on the phone. I spent, in total, over 60 hours on the phone with Verizon to straighten out a cable install issue. I had the service less than a month and they made it impossible to cancel. I had to go the FCC in order to cancel the service.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Well that tells me you never read the Verizon Customer agreement.  It's in plain English.

Have a look

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

Verizon bought who?  That's silly. There is no telecommunications lobby.  LOL.  Cellular carriers are private companies not public utilities.  The FCC is on their rear constantly making sure they toe the line.

kmapplebeck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I take it you're a lawyer? I read it. It is far from "plain English". Apparently you have faith that the government and the people who run it actually do the people's will, without the influence of the rich and powerful. The only real religion in this country is money. We all bow to it, are controlled by it, and those who have it are the ones who run everything. Everything else is a distraction to herd the masses.

0 Likes