verizon will not honor promotions
TARAHKENDALL
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 3/10/22 I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with the BOGO deal to get a new Samsung S22+ on a new line. I also purchased another S22+ to upgrade another line, which I had to upgrade the plan to do. I also traded in two devices, which were totalled as $1150 in credits. Those were delivered to Verizon today on 4/7/22. When I checked out, it said I was getting both promotions - the BOGO and the trade-ins. The receipt also states "one promotion PER LINE" - this is important. I received receipts and updated bills immediately after the purchase that also stated I received both of those promotions. Today I received my bill which is $176 more than their 'estimated' bill, which also included three device payments totalling 3 full price phones.  I contacted customer service chat, and they stated I only get one promotion - but none of the promotions were on the bill. Then they said they could do the trade-in but not the BOGO since I had already sent the phones, even though the purchase I made, and was confirmed after the purchase, stated I got both promos. I don't know how it is even legal for them to confirm a purchase and then negate it a month later. To say I am upset is a severe understatement. My monthly bill is $100 more than their calculation on their website. I did not do anything 'shady' to get the website to do this, I simply added the phones to the cart. I even saved the check out screen where it says "you're saving $2150 on this order" - which was $1000 off the S22+, and $1150 in trade in credits. Verizon should be ashamed of themselves.

0 Likes
Re: verizon will not honor promotions
TARAHKENDALL
Enthusiast - Level 1

There were also rebates that I was supposed to get but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want you missing out on a promotion. Please send us a Private Note, so we can assist you further.

*Bee

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for messaging us for support, Tarahkendall. I am here for support and happy to help with your rebate and promotional inquiries. Let's get in to your account to gather more information. Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

0 Likes
bun00tea

Verizon is engaging in unfair business practices. I hope that is not the case but nonetheless they are driving me to desperation It all started with Verizon sending me promotional texts and emails about free upgrade phones for being a loyal customer. Was told the price adjustments and other charges will be adjusted in next 2 billing cycles but as of today the promotions are never reflected on the bill. After several calls my billing is still showing full price without the promotional discounts. Some very rude people at Verizon who intimidate and harass you. In between I exchanged the phone and am supposed to receive tax adjustment refund but no one bothered to work on it. Reaching out to BBB and local consumer affairs court for early resolution as I feel Verizon managers are incapacitated to think a fair business practice.No one to ready to listen to my complaint but offer their own explanations that have no bearing or helping my concerns/questions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bun00tea, allow us to start by apologizing that you have had to go through all of this. This is never the kind of experience we would want for you. We certainly want for you to receive the promotion you deserve as well as the refund you deserve. We have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note to look further into this for you. 

-Christine

0 Likes
bun00tea

Christine > The promotional offer was made on 29th June and in between I exchanged / returned the phone and paid new tax . Was supposed to receive the tax refund for the original new phone that I returned / exchanged. Not sure if this back and forth conversation is helpful. I am left exhausted and desperate from multiple conversations I had with verizon last 2 months. I would appreciate if someone can call me to take this to fair conclusion.

Alternately I had prelim talks with some legal folks for next steps that I am compelled to take for a routine matter that has become so complicated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the additional details you've shared. We recognize your time is valuable and we are determined to turn this around. Just to double check, how was the turn made? By chance, do you have a tracking number available? 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes