verizon79.com?
P_K

Hello,

I received a phone call last night from a restricted number at 11:32 pm.  I didn't answer it but the message that was left said something about logging on to my Verizon account at Verizon79.com to get something.  It sounded like a recording since whomever the woman was didn't wait for my message to end before talking.  Is this something that Verizon is actually doing or is this just the next scam/fraud?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: verizon79.com?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

SCAM.  The only login for your Verizon account is at verizonwireless.com  Anyone other URL is a spoofed page, that looks amazingly like the Verizon login page, but will steal your account credentials . . . if in doubt about any rebates or credits or bonuses or whatever, log on to verizonwireless.com and see what's really going on.  Don't click links in emails either - they can be redirects.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SCAM. SCAM.  It is just another variation of the scam that was going around a few months ago.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

SuzyQ wrote:

SCAM.  The only login for your Verizon account is at verisonwireless.com  Anyone other URL is a spoofed page, that looks amazingly like the Verizon login page, but will steal your account credentials . . . if in doubt about any rebates or credits or bonuses or whatever, log on to verizonwireless.com and see what's really going on.  Don't click links in emails either - they can be redirects.

Darn, ninja'd again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mkeating58
Enthusiast - Level 1

I rec'd the same "offer" in a call on my iPhone a few days ago. Thanks for providing an answer. I suspected something when I got this call. Verizon Wireless should have an online Bulletin Board to inform customers of exactly this kind of scamming.

P_K

This community sort of works but maybe there should be a separate category for these types of alerts.

0 Likes