very bad reception in Santa Fe, NM
carrie_w

Why is reception so bad in Santa Fe, NM? This started about a year ago. I thought it was just me but online research shows this is a citywide problem: http://www.cellreception.com/coverage/nm/santa-fe/page1.html

Please help!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: very bad reception in Santa Fe, NM
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe it is more people or devices on the same amount of towers and the city won't allow any more new towers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@carrie_w

It’s important to me that you’re able to maintain a reliable network connection in your home area. Please allow me to address this signal concern with you.

In what zip code are you experiencing problems? Please share details of what you’re experiencing with your service in this area. Are you experiencing problems with calls, texts and/or data services? Please let me know so that I can further assist

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
eswan59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also live in Santa Fe and have seen Verizon service slowly degrading.Zip code is 87505. This isn't just me but everyone I have spoken to with Verizon service says the same thing. Mostly it is with data (4g) not performing up to speed, dropping connection but call quality is getting worse as well.

0 Likes
AKIMBOLEA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, eswan59! I also live in 87505, and the call quality has really gone down in the past few months.

Not long ago, my husband and I were able to use our cell phones in our house. Now, we are reduced to moving around in our front yard, trying to be heard. We thought it was just us, but it seems to be more widespread: Big difference in cellular data services among carriers in downtown Santa Fe | Local News | santafen... .

Verizon, what is going on here? Why has once excellent coverage (the best in the city) worsened so much?

Please help!

eswan59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

go to this web site and file a complaint:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

I received a very prompt reply and a call from Verizon. We shall see if anything changes. The more folks who file complaints the more serious Verizon will be about the issues.

ANUBIS197978
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone considered pursuing legal action i.e.. class action lawsuits etc. against Verizon, and local government officials that regulate and issues permits and play favorites to other providers such as AT&T and T-Mobile who has better coverage and more cell sites.  The main problems lies within the data infrastructure that comes into the city via fiber optics  the city and county that will not grant permits to upgrade.  Of course the City and County do not care, because they do not use Verizon as their primary source of cellular/data service.  There was a recent article in the Santa Fe Reporter of an individual who had no means of calling 911 because there was no service in the greater Pojoaque area, which lead to no emergency responders responding to the emergency which lead to the death of the individual in need of help.  This IS a major issue, and needs to be addressed IMMEDIATELY!!

0 Likes
ANUBIS197978
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have filed a complaint Numerous times, thank you!

0 Likes
eswan59
Enthusiast - Level 2

My complain to Verizon via the FCC ended when the person I spoke to at Verizon, who was a little surprised with this, said their tech department stated that Santa Fe was a 'marginal area' and they made no guarantees about coverage and had no plans, that were mentioned, to make any upgrades. Seems like nothing is going to change regarding Verizon, I have not heard Sprint or T Mobile as being any better. The airwaves and licenses granted to use them belong to the public and are granted with certain public service regulations. I am not sure how or if those apply here. I am not sure where to go from here. Verizon obviously doesn't care.

0 Likes
very bad reception in Santa Fe, NM
scottstokoe

Verizon's coverage map clearly shows 4G coverage for all of north Santa Fe. Coverage is horrible to completely non-existent in the Hyde Park Road corridor. Their coverage map is downright deceitful. They should change it or supply the coverage they claim. It's fraudulent. That they can,  leave one of NM's population centers in this situation, while claiming "coverage for 99% of the population," is deplorable. I certainly don't get discounted rates due to poor coverage. I hope some carrier steps up. The minute they do, we're gone...

0 Likes