visual voice mail justs keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait". I can't get past that screen. Help!
Pita34

visual voice mail just keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait".  I can't get past that screen.  Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: visual voice mail justs keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait".  I can't get past that screen.  Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pita34,

Thank you for the additional details.
Are you still able to access manually by dialing *86?  While you're unable to remove completely you do have the option to reset the applicaiton.  You can do so in settings>apps>all>voicemail>clear data/force stop.

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Re: visual voice mail justs keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait".  I can't get past that screen.  Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Pita34

I want to ensure you're able to enjoy the benefits of using the Visual Voice Mail feature on your device.  What model phone do you have?  Has the Visual Voice Mail application worked on this device in the past?  Do you have a 3G or 4G connection when attempting to launch Visual Voice Mail?  Please let me know so that I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
Re: visual voice mail justs keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait". I can't get past that screen. Help!
Pita34

It's a DROID Turbo, new. Visual Voice Mail never worked on this device.

It worked for me on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I had prior to this. I have a

4G indicator when trying to open the app. Can I delete the current app

and download a copy of it again and try setting everything up again?

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pita34,

Thank you for the additional details.
Are you still able to access manually by dialing *86?  While you're unable to remove completely you do have the option to reset the applicaiton.  You can do so in settings>apps>all>voicemail>clear data/force stop.

TrevorC_VZW

Re: visual voice mail justs keeps saying "setting up visual voice mail. please wait". I can't get past that screen. Help!
Pita34

Thank you. I believe that worked. I'll let you know if I have any

problems after I am able to send a test a voice mail.

--

Kathryn

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
dejones9519

Have Moto z4. G4 connection. Have used before, new phone. Just trying to setup voice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on the new phone. Your voicemail is as important to us as it is to you. To start out, are you able to listen to voicemails the old-fashioned way, either by calling *86 or your ten-digit mobile number ?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Ensigntek

SOLVED:  I had the same problem Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.  I think the problem may be with Verizons Account Setup.  After multiple calls to "Verizon Tech Support" and going through all of the troubleshooting steps:  Delete Cache, and Data, Turn off Wifi, Reboot Phone, Reset Network, etc.  I decided to contact "Verizon Account Support" since the message that the installation process was getting hung up on was "Please wait while we check your account information.....................................".  Verizon Account Support was able to delete the current Visual Voicemail entry on my account and create a new one, the problem was solved.

0 Likes