want to switch two phone numbers to same phones
idahobob
I have 3 lines with three phones.  I just replaced my phone as I broke my old one.  My wife says that since I keep breaking phones, she wants the new one.  Can I switch my new phone with hers so she would have the new phone with her number and I would have her old phone with my number?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: want to switch two phone numbers to same phones
BAN
Enthusiast - Level 2
yes just call customer care and tell them you want to swap phones on the numbers and they will do it for you.  it is very fast and easy just be sure to have both phones with you when you call.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
You can also do the activations online at Verizon as well :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
waveland
How do you switch nubers online? I have the same issue.
0 Likes
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3
You can't switch numbers online . . . you can on-line activate phones.   Example if you have multiple phones but one line you can (on-line) continuously swap one for another on that line by adding the new ESN# (or HEX# as they used to be in older phones).    There is a link on the Verizon site for "activating equipment".     However, if you want to change your phone number then you have to call them.
0 Likes
kevinski
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the record, the only reason that you can't do the change online in this case is because the Web site won't let you do anything that could potentially cause complications. In this case, trying to trade phones online won't work, simply because the Web site will know that each of the phones is active on another line. Customer Service can override this to do both of the changes one right after the other, though. Definitely call Customer Service.

By the way, since your wording is a bit confusing, I'd recommend just saying that you'd like to trade phones between two numbers on your account. Think of each phone number as a container that holds your phone and all of its features. When we switch phones on an account, we're basically just taking each phone out of one container and putting it into another.

0 Likes