web browser vs mobile web
linebackerdad
Enthusiast - Level 2
The verizon site continually talks about unlimited data on the mobile web and tells how to get the  mobile web browser.  How does that differ from the web browser that is on the phone?  In other words how do they distinguish between mobile web and nonmobile web?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: web browser vs mobile web
linebackerdad
Enthusiast - Level 2
Looks like the answer I've been looking for to the question I had, many thanks!  My plan is the text messaging plan for my 14 yo.  Unlimited text messaging and data usage.  $0.40 per minute voice, but its only supposed to be for calling us parents.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Helawat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mobile web offers links to third-party-branded providers (Wall Street Journal, ESPN, Weather.com, etc.) as well as to Verizon Wireless self-branded links.

The mobile web browser (WAP 2.0) is the browser required to view the mobile web.

Your phone may have a browser, but if it does not have a WAP 2.0 browser or above, you cannot access mobile web.

Did I get it right?

0 Likes
linebackerdad
Enthusiast - Level 2
So, if I have WAP 2 everything counts as mobile web?  or only the urls with m....?
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The browser on your phone is the mobile web browser. Anytime you open up the browser and go somewhere it's all considered the mobile web. It's all considered data usage and will bill $1.99 per MB or go towards any type of data plan you're paying for.

Non-mobile web data usage would be browsing the GIN/Media Center catalog or downloading any items from said catalog.

0 Likes
linebackerdad
Enthusiast - Level 2
Looks like the answer I've been looking for to the question I had, many thanks!  My plan is the text messaging plan for my 14 yo.  Unlimited text messaging and data usage.  $0.40 per minute voice, but its only supposed to be for calling us parents.
0 Likes