what is the processing time to fully cancel an order?
troysullivan02
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is sort of my fault but what happened was I ordered a phone upgrade on 5/21. About an hour or so after ordering (it was in the evening) I realized I wasn't paying attention and ordered the wrong gig and chose the incorrect shipping option for my needs as I didn't know I was going to be home. I spoke with someone via online chat who stated they could cancel it for me so I could reorder and will submit a ticket. I was given a ticket number but forgot to write it down. On 5/22 I got an email confirmation that the order had shipped I thought that it was odd since the rep had put in a ticket to cancel it. On 5/23 I got a confirmation from UPS because I have UPS choice that my package will be delivered on 5/24. I thought ok well if it gets delivered and I'm not home they will just make their allowed atempts and send it back. 5/24 rolls around and when I went to track my package UPS had rerouted it back to the sender per request which was probably do to the ticket that I had put in to cancel the order. I was also given an alternate tracking number for the return package that stated the ETA it will be delivered to the sender was on Thursday 5/26. On 5/26 I tracked it and found indeed it was delivered back to the sender and was left at the dock. I reached out to verizon via online chat again asking for a timeframe of when I could cancel and reorder. I also provided the tracking numbers. The rep stated he saw the ticket that was opened and told me to give it a lot of time and someone will reach out. He claimed he could not provide me a time frame which I'm sorry that is not very good customer service. I am a cs rep myself and we always have to provide time frames to our customers. He also told me to keep in touch with UPS about this. This did not make sense to me because UPS had already returned and delivered  the package back to the sender on 5/26. Fast forward to this morning 5/28 I call an actual rep who was very helpful but I still am a bit skeptable because of the result. He told me that my order was canceled on 5/27. However when I look at the orriginal order on the website it says that it's still on its way. The rep reassured me that the order was indeed canceled and I need to have peace of mine knowing that it was. He told me to disregard the statis that the website shows that I can process a new order. Well I just for giggles I tried to process a new order (I wasn't actually going to process it yet until I fully knew what I wanted to avoid the same problems) Anyways It would not let me upgrade, the only options were to add a new line or do a buy out on my existing line which would not be available until 6/5. I am going to give it some more time to go through but I still feel uneasy about this and feel that I will be paying on an agreement for a phone that was returned and delivered with proof of delivery from UPS. Anyone else been through this and what should I expect as far as my order totally canceling out?

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what is the processing time to fully cancel an order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello troysullivan02, thank you for contacting us today, we're here to help! Once the package reaches our warehouse, it can take up to 72 hours for it to be scanned, inspected, and your account updated. Our apologies if you were not given this information before. Hope you have a great weekend! ~Baldo

View solution in original post

Re: what is the processing time to fully cancel an order?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello troysullivan02, thank you for contacting us today, we're here to help! Once the package reaches our warehouse, it can take up to 72 hours for it to be scanned, inspected, and your account updated. Our apologies if you were not given this information before. Hope you have a great weekend! ~Baldo