wireless priority service
tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does ANYONE know what Verizon charges for Wireless Priority Service?  Their so-called search system cannot find even a single mention of it (although Google does find several articles about it on their website) and trying to even reach Verizon support is hopeless.  Verizon has participated in the government Wireless Priority Service program since 2006, so I have to figure that someone somewhere knows what they charge.

All that I have been able to find is that at one time (several years ago) Verizon was providing Wireless Priority Service to state government accounts in South Carolina with 0 setup fee, 0 monthly fee, and the standard 75 cents/minute usage fee.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wireless priority service
rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly you could get information from the following links.

WPS Eligibility | Homeland Security

WPS FAQ | Homeland Security

WPS Costs | Homeland Security

It appears that this service is in ADDITION to your own cellular plan. Cost this appears to be a $10 activation fee/phone, $4.50/month fee/phone and a $0.75/minute usage charge.

tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry but that is NOT an answer.

Those are all Department of Homeland Security documents that I had already read -- Believe it or not, I too have a computer, and I too can use Google.  Even if I hadn't used Google (which I mentioned that I did), I started from the agency website that also linked to those DHS files, so I certainly read them before I tried finding out what Verizon charges for WPS.

Apparently you skimmed the DHS document about WPS Costs and failed to notice that those are the maximum rates allowed by law but that each carrier sets their own rates up to that maximum limit.

Your post ASSUMES that Verizon charges the maximum allowed by law for WPS -- knowing Verizon, that would not shock me greatly, but if they do they would be alone among the major carriers.

I can find the rates for other carriers on their websites.  Only Verizon does not list their rate online - or perhaps they do list it somewhere but their search engine is just so totally worthless that the information cannot be found. (As I mentioned earlier, I was able to find a few documents on the Verizon website that Verizon's own search engine did not find.)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you considered those rates might be only available to business accounts or by calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Forgive the community for trying to help.

CALL Verizon.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

31415976 wrote:

Your post ASSUMES

Your post ASSUMES a lot of things, too.

31415976 wrote:

Sorry but that is NOT an answer.

Those are all Department of Homeland Security documents that I had already read -- Believe it or not, I too have a computer, and I too can use Google.

I posted those DHS links because wireless priority service IS a DHS program.

And to look at some information you say is on other providers, "The Agency"(I assume the one you work for) is supposed to apply for WPS thru DHS as indicated at the following link(yes, found via Google):

Wireless Communications - AT&T Premier Business Center

THEN, your contact at "The Agency" would be able to get you the information you need.

31415976 wrote:

Your post ASSUMES that Verizon charges the maximum allowed by law for WPS -- knowing Verizon, that would not shock me greatly, but if they do they would be alone among the major carriers.

Are you positive about that ASSUMPTION? AT&T's own documentation has conflicting information. From the link above, it does not charge an activation fee and is not clear if there is a monthly fee, just "contract rate" which is not very informative. It does state $0.75/minute, though, the highest allowed by law as you had previously stated.

The following information has conflicting information about this service on AT&T, which contrary to your claim would keep Verizon company among those "major carriers".

https://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/pdf/WPS_Datasheet.pdf

IF you have not already gone thru the trouble to initiate service thru DHS, it seems that should be the first step before you worry about your provider's charges for actually using the service.

I know the following is another link to DHS, but that would be the FIRST step on the path to getting WPS service. Of course, that is an ASSUMPTION on my part.

Requesting GETS and WPS | Homeland Security

rcschnoor
Legend

However, if you are simply an individual who would like to add this capability to your plan, I don't think you meet the qualifications to receive this service.

deloused
Master - Level 3

The charges for the WPS feature will vary based on the price plan it's used on. The Verizon WPS support group (877-262-2950) or the Verizon Account Manager that handles your employer's accounts could check for you.

tomcu18
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removed]

1) Yes, I am authorized.

2) Yes, the agency has to process the enrollment, but the agency does NOT deal with any of the charges. If I tell the agency to sign me up for GETS and/or WPS, they will send my information to the carrier for processing, then the carrier will bill me directly.  It seemed advisable to find out how much the carrier would bill me before initiating the process.

3) I suppose I will have to try calling Verizon AGAIN -- wait forever on hold again, and probably get a very nice young lady or gentleman who will try valiantly to look through their list of scripts for the answer before telling me that they don't have any information.

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, we do value your input. 31415976, understanding the plan options is important. I have sent a private message with some information for you.

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes