would like to know why my data speeds have been so slow. this came about when verizon went unlimited
LINEME74
Enthusiast - Level 3

i work in a factory in winchester va.. i would normally get good speeds in the facility. up until verizon started offering unlimited data. my fellow workers are having the same issues. it's usually from 12 noon till about 4 in the afternoon.sometimes later. and sometimes it's so bad i can't even get on the internet. it used to be on a speed test. i would get at least 4 mbps down. sometimes i can't even pull 1 mbps.and that's with 3 bars. i suspect verizon has over sold their towers . if i'm wrong please correct me

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: would like to know why my data speeds have been so slow. this came about when verizon went unlimited
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sprmankalel, we want you to have the speeds you need. On our unlimited data plan you are given 22GB per device. If you are in a congested network area the data will be prioritized per device and customers can experience 3G speeds. This is only if you are in a congested network area. If you have any questions about your plan, we're here to help.

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: would like to know why my data speeds have been so slow. this came about when verizon went unlimited
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What plan are you on?

0 Likes
ALLWHITE360
Enthusiast - Level 2

Experiencing the same issue after first month of service.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

ALLWHITE360 wrote:

Experiencing the same issue after first month of service.

What plan are you on?

0 Likes
LINEME74
Enthusiast - Level 3

i am on the unlimited plan.. it was so slow today that after i contacted verizonwireless through thei 1 800 number the tech wanted me to download this app called tech coach. but i couldn't even get the play store to open. kept timing out. so he had me reset the data settings. after i told him that when my phone is restarted when it first comes up. it says no sim card but then connects. he said it could be the sim card. so i had it replaced. so far it seems to be working. i'll know more when i go to work tomorrow. hopefully it's fixed. but for some reason i don't think it is

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The SIM card could fix it. It is not outside of the realm of possibility.

Watch your usage. Once you reach 22GB on your line you will experience slower speeds via prioritization and a SIM card won't change that.

0 Likes
ALLWHITE360
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unlimited and this happens before 22GB

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am wondering if there is something wonky in the system that recognizes anyone on unlimited and slows them down due to prioritization on congested towers. Seems that there may be a programming issue here.

I haven't experienced that because 'unlimited' is not worth it for me. I have a single line on 5GB and I use less than 2GB. Plus it has Safety Mode and I won't get overages.

I just think that the unlimited plan is a mind thing for customers. They think they're ok because they have unlimited but in all actuality you really have a 22GB plan with safety mode.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

I just think that the unlimited plan is a mind thing for customers. They think they're ok because they have unlimited but in all actuality you really have a 22GB plan with safety mode.

It's really 22 GB x however many lines you have on your account with a POSSIBILITY of being slowed down, not a CERTAINTY, and even then it will probably not be down to 2G speeds which is what safety mode is.

For my account, that would be an 88 GB allowance if I were to go with unlimited. Fortunately, I find my 15 GB data allowance quite sufficient.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Yeah. I didn't mean a shared 22GB plan. I figure that people should know what their plan includes. LoL!

0 Likes