www.myvz450.com
BenjaminGrimm

I received several calls from 1-800-000-0000 today. When I finally answered it, I got a message saving I should visit www.myvz450.com to receive a $450 credit on my bill. Obvious, this smells like a scam. So, I brought up the page along with the real Verizon Wireless page. The log in information requirements were different. Verizon only wants my user name on the initial page. www.myvz450.com wants the user name, password, and billing PIN. But the rest of the page looks legit. I'm still assuming this is a phishing scam. Can anyone verify this? And if so, why hasn't Verizon put a stop to this site trying to collect their customers user names and passwords????

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: www.myvz450.com
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BenjaminGrimm, I'm sorry to hear that you had to receive this annoying call. It's definitely a spam and I would strongly suggest that you ignore these calls. Our Corporate Security Team is aware of the situation and we are doing all we can to put an end to this potential scam. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There have been multiple reports of sites very similar to this - they are active for a few hours, and then gone. Verizon has nothing to do with the sties (other than the scammers using Verizon's name) , and so cannot do more than report them and get them shut down - and they are being shut down nearly as fast as they are appearing.

The amounts are increasing, to the point where it's highly suspicious - $450?  I've seen varying amounts from $50 to $150.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BenjaminGrimm, I'm sorry to hear that you had to receive this annoying call. It's definitely a spam and I would strongly suggest that you ignore these calls. Our Corporate Security Team is aware of the situation and we are doing all we can to put an end to this potential scam. Have a great day.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZW

0 Likes
BenjaminGrimm

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and for taking action.

0 Likes
dmshawbi

Hello,

Recieved a call today from 1-800-888-9599 with the same sort of information. Just wanted anyone looking up this issue to find this number listed as well.

It said I had a $570 credit on my account. Didn't pay attention to the website. It was something similar though.

0 Likes
lkp777

Our work phones are Verizon and within the last hour over a dozen phones in my area alone have been called with this same scan. So maybe your Security Group will be able to catch something since they seem to be real active at the moment.

This hour they have been using the same '$ number' a few times, then they increase the $ amount.number by 5 etc. And the amount of credit they state always matches the name of the web site name each time.

The call for the $570 credit gave the web site of myvz570.com the last call was for the credit amount of $620 and gave the web site of vvw620.com they appear to be going back and forth between those two web sites vvw### and myvz###  and using even numbers that keep increasing by $5 or more.

The phone each time this hour was the same 800-888-9599

We of course ignore the calls and never ever access the web sites. Just providing more information incase helpful.

0 Likes
sandee81460

I got another call today now saying it would be $650,  (my hubby did too) the other day they called for $40. credit.  from the same number you stated.  I called verizon and they confirmed the bogus claim.

I hope this stops real soon!  I can't stand to see how these criminals get away with this stuff and I hope they get caught.

0 Likes