AOL mail and Outlook - NOT!
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been using Outlook 2016 for a few years. I have been using IMAP for several months.  All of the sudden it stopped working today with an error that it couldn't reach the server.  I deleted my profile and tried to recreate it but it is unable to do so.  Keeps saying that it can't do it.  I can get email on aol webmail just not Outlook.  Any idea what happened between 11:00 pm last night and 9:00 am this morning?

0 Likes
Re: AOL mail and Outlook - NOT!
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hope these articles help you

AOL VERIZON EMAIL HELP

https://help.aol.com/search?q=verizon+email+

https://help.aol.com/products/aol-mail-verizon

• AOL Mail for Verizon Customers — Updated Oct 25, 2018

Configure POP and IMAP settings for Verizon.net AOL Mail accounts

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you have any idea how many times I have tried this?  I can't even count that high! 

I deleted my profile on Outlook and tried to set it up again but it can't connect to the server.  Over and over and over.  Something is wrong with AOL.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your Outlook 2016 AOL email.
I can only tell you that with the below set up I have no problems sending or receiving with my Outlook 2013.

Migrated successfully to AOL.

My PC Dell Latitude E6540

Windos 10 version 1803 up to date

Outlook 2013

Acct Type POP3

Incoming: pop.verizon.net

Outgoing (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net requires authentication

Use same settings as incoming

Incoming Server (POP3) 995

Server requires encrypted connection (SSL)

Outgoing Server (SMTP) 587

Use encrypted connection type TLS

Try these settings...what can you lose ? 

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've tried.  It doesn't work.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you seen this ?

Outlook stops syncing AOL EMAIL

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/outlook-stops-syncing-aol-email-989114f0-2c6f-45f8-b403-f5e...

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know....details please.

73's for now.

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I have.  But if you read what I wrote, I deleted my profile and cannot recreate it.  None of this helps if there is no profile.

0 Likes
gm20151
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note you may need to use a generated App Password instead of your regular email password (that's the only thing that worked for me with Thunderbird.)  Log into AOL mail from a browser, go to Options | Account Info | Account Security, and choose Manage App Passwords, generate a password and use that when configuring your client.

0 Likes