Any way to access old verizon.net emails on my Mac (but without currently having them in Outlook)?
ssickels1

Now that Verizon no longer supports app passwords, I can no longer access my verizon.net email from within MS Outlook on my Mac.  (I had to reinstall Outlook, but without being able to generate and supply an app password, I can't add my verizon.net email account back into my reinstalled Outlook.) 

As a result, I'm giving up on Verizon email going forward.  (I'll likely switch to gmail, which I *can* access from Outlook.)  

But... I have thousands of verizon.net emails that are presumably still on my Mac computer, which I want to have access to, for reference. (If I understand correctly, my emails are in an SQLite database, here, /Users/username/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles.)

Is there any way I can get access to my old emails (which are currently in an SQLite DB on my hard drive)?  It seems like one possibility is to (somehow) create a .olm file from Outlook's SQLite email database.  (Unfortunately, I can't do this from within Outlook, as my whole problem is that I don't have access to my old verizon.net emails from within Outlook.)  Which I could then get access to from within Outlook (?), and/or some third-party .olm reader app.  I tried Googling "create a .olm file without outlook," but no luck.  Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: Any way to access old verizon.net emails on my Mac (but without currently having them in Outlook
ssickels1

I solved my problem.  In case anyone else has the same issue, I downloaded Systoles Mac Outlook Recovery.  In demo mode, it was able to find and export 100 of my old @verizon.net emails (as a .pst file).  Which I was then able to import into Outlook. (They appear in the "On My Computer" folder.)  So i went ahead a purchased a license, so I could recover all my old @verizon.net emails. 

0 Likes