Apple Mail rejects password
oldmancat

Problems with Verizon and Apple Mail seem to be epidemic. In my case, I'm trying to get three Verizon Yahoo accounts to load to Apple Mail. I went through the step-by-step several times, but continued getting the message:

"SMPT serve "outgoing.verizon.net" rejected the password... " I was careful about entering my password. This happened several times. In fact I have never been able to use Apple Mail. It's more frustrating now because I have more email activity on all three accounts.

0 Likes
Re: Apple Mail rejects password
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

@oldmancat wrote:

Problems with Verizon and Apple Mail seem to be epidemic. In my case, I'm trying to get three Verizon Yahoo accounts to load to Apple Mail. I went through the step-by-step several times, but continued getting the message:

"SMPT serve "outgoing.verizon.net" rejected the password... " I was careful about entering my password. This happened several times. In fact I have never been able to use Apple Mail. It's more frustrating now because I have more email activity on all three accounts.

You are using the wrong settings. If you are portal partnered with Yahoo, then your outgoing SMTP server should be outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net

oldmancat

I don't know what "portal partnered" means. My three email addresses are all xxxx@verizon.net. What settings should I use?

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Partner portaled means that when you go to get your email if it says it's via Yahoo ... then you are partner portaled with Yahoo.  Your address can still be an @verizon.net address, it just means your delivery platform is via Yahoo.  Sine you indicated "yahoo" when you made your initial post, you must think you're experience is via Yahoo .. and thus the settings you are using are not correct as the previous poster indicated.