Are you kidding? we have to pay extra for the AOL mail service to remove the ADs
fed1040ez
Enthusiast - Level 2

About we must pay extra to entitle for NO ADS AOL email service after conversion from Verizon.net to AOL Mail.

I am being a long-time customer for over 20 years with Verizon, more than 10 years for phone and DSL Internet service, in 2005 upgraded to FIOS with Phone, the Internet & TV services.

I felt insulted to have to pay an extra 9.99 to get the AD-FREE AOL mail service, while we did not have to pay extra before conversion; My monthly Verizon FIOS bill is about $350.00 with Phone, 150/150 Internet and premium TV services.

I did not sign up for just AOL mail free service. I am a paying customer with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Are you kidding? we have to pay extra for the AOL mail service to remove the ADs
jaynews
Enthusiast - Level 1

What about just using an email app like Thunderbird to get your emails rather than logging into AOL ? 

0 Likes
Re: Are you kidding? we have to pay extra for the AOL mail service to remove the ADs
fed1040ez
Enthusiast - Level 2

not sure if the other system can allow me to keep verizon.net as my email address.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apps such as Thunderbird, Microsoft Outlook. Microsoft Windows 10 mail, phone mail apps, etc., all allow you to access your mail without ever going to the AOL web site.  Most of these therefore never see any ads.

As the policy is now you can keep and use your Verizon email id as long as you pull your email (app, website, whatever) at least once approximately every 6 months(actually 180 days I believe).