Bad Service
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been unable to log into my Verizon email. Sometimes it takes three or four tries. I can log into my gmail and iCloud accounts immediately. Then, after only a couple of minutes, Verizon times me out.

“The connection has timed out

The server at mail.verizon.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.”

In the short time it takes me to check off  5 or 6 emails I want to delete, I get the following message, in red

Unable to load /webmail/driver?nimlet=deleteemail status:0.

I also get timed out in the middle of replying to an email

Request Timeout

The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request.

Reference #2.88f34317.1391272850.0

The server timed out while waiting for the browser's request.

Reference #2.88f34317.1391273053.0

it’s the same on all three computers we use. One is a brand new Apple MacBook Pro, so the support excuse that my computer is slow isn’t valid.

Comcast has a plan where I will save a bundle and have better email service if I switch to them. I use Verizon for my cell phone but I can have much a cheaper service going with someone else. If you can’t fix the log in and  respond  and timed out problems, I definitely will be switching to COMCAST

0 Likes
Re: Bad Service
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to add this

When I try to get live chat support, if I have to wait a few minutes, or if I’m in the middle of replying, I get

“Sat Feb 012014 12:35:42 GMT-0500 (EST): Failed to establish connection to server. Please exit the window.” Then, in red

“The network connectivity is temporarily lost. Retrying to connect”

Of Course, I am never reconnected and no one calls me back.

Still waiting for a reply from Verizon. In the meantime, I plan to post this on every review I can and send it to every Apple User Group for forwarding to their members. I also plan to share my problem, loudly, at every Verizon Store in the area.

0 Likes
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The only help I get is the same old message to go to the Verizon Help site or Community Forum. No one has contacted me with a solution.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi CaroleD,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello!

As per our converstation on your private support case this issue is now closed. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you. Thanks for choosing Verizon.

-Mitchell

0 Likes
CaroleD1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally, a Tech Guy who actually took the time to troubleshoot my situation, found out the problem was with a craroded phone line at the end of ther street. After years of complaints without satisfaction, This one Tech Guy fixed the problem.

0 Likes