Can't Send Emails
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

This is suddenly a problem on my Outlook 2003 on an old XP PC.  I sent an email successfully at 6:35am today (Memorial Day) from my verizon.net account on Outlook 2003 but now (six hours later) cannot send emails on that account from the Outlook 2003.  Receive is OK, and a completely different email account works fine in both directions on the Outlook 2003.

I've tried the password generator and incoming emails are OK but still no luck sending.

(If I go to mail.aol.com on my browser, I can send emails.  But not from my Outlook 2003.)

Anyone else seeing this today?

0 Likes
Re: CAN'T SEND EMAIL !@!!
wasonvly

Although I receive Email, I cannot reply to any message on any device I own. Message I get is something like 'Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again. Again never works

0 Likes
Re: CAN'T SEND EMAIL !@!!
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

wasonvly - see the nearby thread on this forum - 

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Can-not-send-emails-via-my-computer/td-p/894768 

Does it help you?  It is not helping me today.

0 Likes
SMTP Timing Out
Bob1692
Contributor - Level 1

When trying to send email via smtp.verizon.net the SMTP connection is timing out and causes a disconnect.  This is only happening on my desktop client on all of my computers.

I am able to send email via the AOL web application. (https://mail.aol.com/webmail-std/en-us/suite), but that is extremely inconvenient.  The AOL techs seem to have their head buried in the sand and think that there is no problem with the SMTP server configuration since it is working with the webmail app and don't seem to want to look into it any further unless one is paying their monthly fee for support. 

We need someway to connect with someone at AOL that can acknowledge the problem and see that it is taken care of.

Since AOL is a Verizon subsidiary I would expect that Verizon would be interested in seeing that Verizon's customers are taken care of.

Can't Send Emails, 5/25/20
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

I haven't been able to access smtp.verizon.net for over 2 hours this morning, 5/25/20, to send emails. Anybody else seeing this problem?  I keep getting "Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."  

0 Likes
Re: SMTP Timing Out
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

Same problem here.  You can send with their Webmail interface, but not via your email client.  The error message I am getting (from Thunderbird) is "Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction. Try again."  This has happened before, and they eventually fix it.  But, it's been over 3 hours this morning (5/25/20) and is still broken.  I am getting worried AOL is clueless that they have a problem.

Can't send Verizon.net email
EricL3

Since this morning, I can not send Verizon.net emails on my phone or PC for more than 1 account.  I even deleted an account and tried to re-add and it won't add the account because the smtp authentication fails. I'm using smtp.verizon.net SSL 465.  Is the smtp server down?  Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Re: Can't Send Emails
wasonvly

I also can send Verizon Email from the AOL web site. I can't send Verizon Email from my desk top, laptop or phone, but I receive Emails on all of them. On the computers I get the message "'Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.verizon.net was lost in the middle of the transaction." On my cell phone (Verizon account) I am sometimes told it just failed and ends up in the Outbox, or I get a message that says it will be sent once I have an Internet connection. But I have an Internet connection. I also receive messages from an AOL account I have on my phone, but sending messages from that account fails to go through, ending up in my Outbox. This suggests to me that something is really messed up with AOL servers-

0 Likes
bearsfolks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same problem here. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Is there any place to bring these to the attention of AOL?

0 Likes
BigbirdPhila
Contributor - Level 1

We all need to hope that (1) someone with a "paid" AOL (verizon.net) email account complains or (2) they notice the problem by themselves.   The customer service people tell you that if you don't have a paid account, you're not eligible for "technical service".

These kinds of problems never happened when Verizon engineers were running the show.  Service has significantly degraded since AOL took over.

0 Likes