Cannot Create Email alias
thumoeides

I would like to create an email alias, but I was told by tech support it is impossible for me because I am using the Yahoo portal.

How can I not use the Yahoo portal?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot Create Email alias
serunderpar

Me too.  Just spent 1 hour with tech.  UVERSE allowed me to use their internet service for work, therefore allowing my @att.net email address to appear to my customers as my @companyabc.com address.  I believe ATT had to send some sort of verification email, when once verified worked great.  I'm very unhappy with not being able to do this.  Basically, what this means is that no small business will be excited about Verizon because it won't show their companies email address.  if I'm wrong, someone please help.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is it you're trying to do?

A "disposable email address" so that you can give it out to an online vendor or something but not give away your real address?

If so -- go into your Verizon Yahoo! webmail inbox, click on "Member Center" along the top next to the Yahoo! Mail logo, click on "Manage Mail options", then look for "Disposable Email Addresses" on the left hand menu.

Here you can create an "@yahoo.com" address which will be delivered to your Verizon inbox.  When you no longer need it, you can delete it.

Benefit of using a disposable address is that when you go to send mail via the web interface, you can also choose it as the "sender" address so that people see the mail coming from that address as well.

-----

If you're trying to a true "alias" (name@verizon.net), that's not something Verizon or Yahoo supports directly.  You could create a sub-account with the alias you desire and then configure it to forward all messages received to your primary email address.

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

@serunderpar - You can do this with Gmail.

So, one option to consider might be to use Gmail as your primary webmail account.   The configure that account under the Settings -> Account tab to pick up your Verizon.net mail via POP and pull into into the Gmail inbox automatically.

On this same tab, you can configure "send mail as"  (it uses the little "respond to an email" thing you mentioned to insure you are allowed to send as that address first.

0 Likes
thumoeides

I am trying to create an email address. Not a disposable email address. I know how to create a disposable email address using the @yahoo address.

Verizon (I don't know about Yahoo) does indeed support creating an email alias. I have several. In fact Verizon tech emailed me a link to the email alias tool. The problem is the tool link itself sends me to Verizon Central rather than allowing the creation of an email alias.

0 Likes
thumoeides

I could create a sub account at Verizon, use Yahoo or Gmail as my primary account, or any number of other word arounds. 

But I wanted to create a Verizon email alias.

If that is impossible, then I'll have to use a work around or give up. 

But I thought I'd ask first, since I do have email aliases which I have created in the past.

0 Likes
thumoeides

I have never heard of an alias that allows one to change the part after the @, so that @verizon.net could be changed to @company.com. 

0 Likes
dmontillo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a small business and am unable to create the same alias email addresses that I easily could with my previous provider.  I had a sales@{edited for privacy}.com, info@.... , etc.  We had these printed on our business cards, stationery and included them in our Website.  This is a huge set back!  This may force us to switch back to RCN if this can't be resolved quickly.

0 Likes
shumandu

I have a similar situation, I tried to change my email alias on, verizon.net,  the system would not let me. When I tried to use the alias later that day it did not work, after checking my profile the alias was removed and the option to create a new one was available. When I tried to create a new alias it would not let me. Any ideas on how to correct this?

0 Likes