I already have 2 sub accounts which were created a year ago, I have tried creating another today, was on live chat for 2 hrs, let the tech access my computer. He was not able to help me, saying server must be down, try later. Although he told me that all was clear on his end, server wise. When I try to save the sub account, I get an error saying oops cannot save, resubmit or try later...well trying later hasn't worked...please help!!
I've tried just about over 20 times since early January to set up a new subaccount but just got the spinning balls. I've called and been hung up by the so called tech help; I also declined to let them take over the computer and the tech help refused to initiate a help ticket for me. I've called and got a nicer tech help one time to tell me he had gotten many calls about this problem but all he could do was to have a tech help to call me back, which started the whole hanging up, refusing to help circle again. I have tried their buggy website using Mac, PC, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, nothing worked. It's something wrong on their end but no one would bother to take the rein and get to the root of the problem. I prefer the simpler design & technology they used to have on their site. It was so easy and quick to look for things and set up subaccounts. Very frustrating.
To add a sub-account, try the following steps:
- Go to www.verizon.com and login with the sub-account's Verizon credentials.
- Once you're in 'My Verizon', navigate to 'Profile' about 5 sections down from the default 'Home' section over by the left nagivational menus in blue.
- Go to 'Manage Sub Accounts' on the main center pane and click on the grey 'Manage' button.
- Click 'Add New Sub Account'.
- Fill in the fields on the left (keeping in mind the rules shown via the pop-up box for which characters are acceptable per each field).
- Select your security questions from the drop-down and your answers.
- Select the Account Access Rights for this sub-account (this is what you're allowing that person to be able to access and manage on verizon.com or any Verizon online access for the account) by choosing the appropriate radio button and checking any of the checkboxes. If this sub-account needs a separate email, then ensure that the 'This account can access Email' checkbox is checked.
- Click on the red 'Save' button.
- Sign-out of the main account.
- Sign-in then as the sub-account with the specified userid and password from Step #5.
- To check email, you can :
- navigate to the section 'My Messages' located at the bottom of the page for default 'Home' (in blue) within 'My Verizon', OR
- click on the 'Email, News, & TV' link on the top right section (it has a black background) below Support and Search and next to 'Accounts & Services', OR
- click on the 'I Want To...' link on the top left section right below the Verizon logo and click on 'Check My Email' from the middle pane, OR
- Type in mail.verizon.com on the browser's address bar and login with the Verizon sub account credentials.
Hope this helps!
Thank you 22Becca22 for detailing the steps in creating a subaccount. I can't speak for others who have tried but failed to create a subaccount. But for myself, I have done the EXACT same procedure over 20 times. The problem is, and always have been atter step 8, that is, after clicking the red SAVE button, the server, that is, the Verizon server, did not respond, the red spinning balls appears, that means that server has hanged. The balls kept spinning for over a minute, 5 minutes, 30 mintues. Usually, when one is to create an account, any account, in any website, one would get a message saying something to the effect of, "Congratulations, your account has been created." But I couldn't get past the non-responding server. So, why is Verizon's server not responding? That's the $100 question.
thanks for the step by step on how to create a sub email account. I have done that several times and configured my older sub account and the newer sub account cannot be accessed through log in. Tech support cannot figure it out even after i let them take over.
I am getting the same message after following the steps exactly and getting no warnings for each entry. After hitting the Save button the red window with
"Oops, looks like something couldn't be saved in our system. Please resubmit or try again later."
keeps appearing. I have tried this on windows 7 firefox and and Mac OSX10.6.8 Chrome.
I spoke with someone from Live chat yesterday and he got it working. The "trick" is to not use the usual verizon web site since they haven't figured out how to fix or test web pages yet, but instead go to
which I am guessing is their old site? There doesn't appear to be any other way of getting to that site.
Anyway, it provides a different page for entering your info which worked fine.
That link does indeed exist, with a promising following screen, but that screen dumps me into the new Management page, which has no provision for subaccounts. This is getting to be a serious problem. Anybody got a new clue?
Aharo, if you go here https://www.verizon.com/ForYourHome/MyAccount/ngen/pr/user/profile.aspx you do you see a screen such as the one attached to this post?
IF not please try another browser ( I am using IE 9 and am logged in when I do this