Cannot send mail on iPad and iPhone
sgmccarterjr

Started receiving a message box on iPad and iPhone:

Cannot Send Mail - The user name or password for "SMTP:{edited for privacy}@smtp.verizon.net" is incorrect.

Can receive mail fine on iPad / iPhone and can send/receive mail fine on home PC or from the web.

To my knowledge, no settings have been changed on either device.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot send mail on iPad and iPhone
mdonato

Same here...happened yesterday...then randomely, last night, the outgoing messages were sent.

Today, I get the same message again...very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzissues

me neither.....guess i need to call.  wonder what changed

0 Likes
ktolsen4

Donot bother calling.  I was on the phone with support.  They said it is the phone and not them and could not help.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just sent a test message from myiPad to my email @verizon.net
Worked.
See attachment

0 Likes
waterbugforever
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem occurred for me after I changed my password when I was on the Verizon site.  When I went back to my Iphone it prompted me to change my password in settings.  I did that.  Incoming started working but Outgoing still would not work.  I did not realize that you have to type the updated password in both the incoming and the outgoing email.  After I updated the settings for outgoing, it worked.

Emichelleb
This solved the problem. Thanks for posting!
0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes