Re: New email
Justin46
Legend

@spacedebris wrote:

The classic view was available while they were working on completing the new web mail. The new version has now been completed and classic view is being fazed out. From what I understand, once your acct is moved to the new server (you will not be able to prevent this or even notice that it is happening), the "classic view" button will then be available for another 15 days. After the 15 day transition period "classic view" will disappear and will no longer be available. If you no longer have the "classic view" button, it means your system has finished the upgrade and you cannot go back. Everyone that has "classic view" at the moment will not have it for much longer. From what I understand, the new message center system will be fully incorporated and everyone will be migrated over to it in the next month or two.

Thanks for that info. I suspected it was coming, but had no idea of the schedule. I still have the Classic view available to me, and have switched back and forth in the past, and can still open one Verizon email account in Claasic, log out from it, log into another Verizon email account and get the New interface, and switch back to Classic if I want.

I have seen a number of complaints here about the New interface. The only one I really understand is the lack of a Plain Text option, that can be vital when communicating with certain sites, and I surely hope Verizon is going to incorporate that function into the New interface, and soon. It seems to me that most everything else in the New interface works pretty well (although I have never been able to figure out how to port my Contacts from any email client I have used to either the Classic or New version of webmail, the migration always fails with an error, but no explanation of the error, just that it failed - have you ever experienced that, and/or have any suggestions?). But of course I don't use the webmail interface for my regular email stuff, I use MS Windows Live Mail, I prefer being able to customize the interface to my liking, and I really, really want my emails stored on my PC, not on some server in the cloud that I might or might not be able to get to at some point when I really need some info from an email I have saved.

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Keller, TX 76248

20phileagles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great!!

So... now when will we have the classic ( or something, anything,, anything) option. Anything other than this ******* piece of garbage!!!!. I've got more user friendly apps on my phone!! C'mon guys I'm not in any way a developer, but I truly believe that any entry level dev could do better than this. I have never been this disgusted with anything to the point I am with this. Everyday I give it another chance and then say why oh why did I let it get me again.

My cell phone is easier to use for email now. Unbelieveable

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@20phileagles wrote:

Great!!

So... now when will we have the classic ( or something, anything,, anything) option. Anything other than this ******* piece of garbage!!!!. I've got more user friendly apps on my phone!! C'mon guys I'm not in any way a developer, but I truly believe that any entry level dev could do better than this. I have never been this disgusted with anything to the point I am with this. Everyday I give it another chance and then say why oh why did I let it get me again.

My cell phone is easier to use for email now. Unbelieveable

Unfortunately it appears that this is going to be what we are going to have. So if you just can't adapt to it, you have I guess a couple of options:

1) Switch to using another email provider. Lots of people apparently like Gmail; I have a Gmail account, I don't particularly like it, but everybody's tastes are different.

2) Use an email client. Depending on what type PC you have and the operating system, there are lots of free email clients, perhaps you can find one you like (I personally like Windows Live Mail, but I have seen comments from others that they hate it).

Now, in an earlier post, you commented that under Settings there were few options. That comment I don't understand, there appear to be plenty of options to me, and I have used many of them to change things I didn't like or add some stuff:

General Settings

Email Settings (fair number of options):

I endited out my personal info, but it is normally there.....

Calendar Settings:

So what settings are missing? Maybe if you are specific Verizon will add them. And if you haven't already done so, I encourage you to go to the Ideas Forum and post your needs there. Might never happen, but can't hurt....

Anyway, good luck!

Keller, TX 76248

Re: Classic View
PLMGAL
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you have been converted to Verizon Message Center through the official migration process, you will no longer see the Classic Email link at the top of your Message Center inbox. I would encourage you to check out the tutorials available by clicking the "?" green icon at the top next to Help. Also, please provide your suggestions to the Idea Exchange site. Verizon monitors that site and takes action on it.

0 Likes
Marc52
The old version used to support the IPAD, the new version, not even by mistake.
If there is no way to get back to the classic one, at least, make it functional for The IPAD.
The problem is that I CAN NOT Scrowl down the messages to be read inside of the INBOX. Please do something to make it this web based functional!
0 Likes
teenabear
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why can't we have an option of going back.  If we're happy with the current settings and we know where everything is, why does Verizon keep shoving the new format at us?  I switched back twice.  Apparently that's no longer an option for me.  I tried the help key but it appears to be disabled.

20phileagles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Welcome to the P.O.S. verizon email haters. You are stuck with this {word filter avoidance}, oh, by the way, how do you like reading multiple emails and then realizing you have 10 tabs open across tthe top. Oh boy, thanks for getting me started again. Yeah I agree this format really sucks.

0 Likes
slk230red
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, my wife made a huge mistake....she switched to the new email format.  She uses Outlook Express at home, but when we travel she uses Verizon online to check her email.  When we were in Cozumel last week she found out how terrible this new format works.  After she reads an email and returns to the inbox, messages have to re-load...what a pita!

I still use the Classic View and what a difference.  

Why can't she have the option to switch back to Classic View???

Remember New Coke vs. Old Coke?

HELP!!!

slk230red
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved.....I switched back to classic view by following these instructions:

"Verizon seems to have removed the "Go To Classic View" tab if you have been using the new format for any length of time. However, you CAN simulate the function of that missing button and revert to the Classic View (despite what Verizon Customer Support reps might tell you) simply by following these very simple instructions:

Login to your account and go to your inbox view. In the address bar at the top of your screen, type the following EXACTLY as I have typed it here:

Click ENTER to the right of the address bar (or press the ENTER key on your keyboard).

(this command basically tells the system that you are Opting Out of the new view)

That's it!  Your account should now be reverted back to the Classic View.

Enjoy!"

20phileagles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Didn't work for me.

Running Windows XP, Firefox,

0 Likes