Closed verizon account
travelgal1

How can I get my old (closed) verizon.net account to stop redirecting to my new account.  It keeps giving failure of notification messages to those sending e-mail to me at my new account.  I have talked with three departments at Verizon and then they disconnected the last call.

0 Likes
Re: Closed verizon account
PJL
Master - Level 3

@travelgal wrote:

How can I get my old (closed) verizon.net account to stop redirecting to my new account.  It keeps giving failure of notification messages to those sending e-mail to me at my new account.  I have talked with three departments at Verizon and then they disconnected the last call.

I've seen this before.  Those sending email to your new email address need to make sure they've updated their contacts to reflect your new address.  Also, a number of email clients (Outlook, for example) have an auto-complete function for addressing messages, and it will use the prior email address because that's what it remembers.  The display of the email address is not the actual address, but rather the display name so it's not intuitive what email address is really being used.  In Outlook, you can delete these by right clicking on them when they show up in the autocomplete action and delete them.  If you then send a message using your current email address it should then remember the new address, but only if the old one was deleted.

If your old mailbox was deleted, it will not forward email to your new account.  If they send to the old account, it will bounce the message as undeliverable because the mailbox does not exist.

0 Likes