Did Verizon send this email? Could not verify at myverizon.com.
JennyH2

Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

To further improve security and your online experience, Verizon has modified the way Verizon.net email is handled when sent or received through an email application (such as Outlook Express®, MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail or via hand-held devices).

In order to take advantage of these improvements, we are requiring customers to modify the server settings (also known as “POP” settings) for their email applications on every device used to access Verizon.net email. Please update your POP email application’s inbound and outbound server settings as soon as possible to match the new settings below:

Server
Current Setting
New Setting
SSL Enabled
Port
POP3 Server
incoming.verizon.net
pop.verizon.net
YES
SMTP Server
outgoing.verizon.net
smtp.verizon.net
YES
Depending on your email application, you may need to disable/turn off Secure Password Authentication and, if applicable, make sure your Authentication method is set to “Password” or “Normal password.” In addition, you may need to reboot/restart your device for these new settings to take effect and for your email to continue working properly.

Note – There are no setting changes when accessing Verizon.net email via MyVerizon/webmail.

If you need assistance in updating your settings, visit verizon.com/emailsettings for further information and step-by-step instructions. You can also visit our online forum at forums.verizon.com for additional information, if available.

If you want to verify the validity of this notification and the instructions contained herein, please sign into your MyVerizon.com account and click on “Check Verizon Announcements” under the “I Want to…” menu bar.

Thank you for being a valued Verizon customer. Please act now to make sure your email account has the proper settings.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

Sign In
Forgot Your Password?
Customer Service ©2013 Verizon
0 Likes
Re: Did Verizon send this email? Could not verify at myverizon.com.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon did send that email to a lot of users, you should find that under your verizon annuoncements.

It's also found at www.verizon.com/emailsettings

0 Likes
GarytR

I tried what they told us to do and it did not work

0 Likes
tlb7
Contributor - Level 3

Here is the link to the specific Verizon Announcement--url might wrap:

https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement&id=email_13_01...

Here is the link to the master Verizon Annoucements page--look for the annoucement on 1/29/13:

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

I found Verizon's Announcements page:

1. Signing in to my Verizon account

2. Click on "I want to..."  -- left side of the screen, just above the boxed-options "Home", "My Services", "Bill and Payment", etc.

3. A drop down menu will display and from the "I want to..." drop down menu, I chose "Check Verizon Announcements"--I had been looking for an Announcements box-option in the list of box-options just below the "I want to..." not realizing that "I want to..." was actually a drop down menu..

0 Likes
skpskp

It does appear to be SPAM according to Verizon online chat representative I just spent over an hour with re-setting my account to the proper settings.  He could find no record of Verizon having sent that email to me.  And the odd thing is it did not show up in my computer email (same address as phone email) so he thinks it was a text message disguised as an email.  when I entered the recommended settings from the SPAM email, all the messages in my inbox disappeared.  Also, this does NOT show up under "I want to" as an earlier person said, at least not in my account.  

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@verscreenname wrote:

It does appear to be SPAM according to Verizon online chat representative I just spent over an hour with re-setting my account to the proper settings.  He could find no record of Verizon having sent that email to me.  And the odd thing is it did not show up in my computer email (same address as phone email) so he thinks it was a text message disguised as an email.  when I entered the recommended settings from the SPAM email, all the messages in my inbox disappeared.  Also, this does NOT show up under "I want to" as an earlier person said, at least not in my account.  

The message is not a SPAM message.

The settings described should be made and do work.  There are a few got ya's for some email clients.  E.g., several apple products have to be shutdown, not just powered off, and restarted.  At least one product you have to edit its config file, as its gui interface will not make the changes to the config file.