Re: Do NOT use new SSL email settings with Outlook Express if I use Avast anti-virus ????
glnzglnz
Contributor - Level 3

Justin - you wrote

"1) I use Firefox exclusively to access all Verizon sites 100% of the time other than for testing something in another broswer, absolutely no problem logging in or doing anything else. What kind of error message do you get? Do you have any add-ons installed? If so I suggest you start Firefox without any add-ons and see if the problem goes away (Mozilla provides a Firefox startup without any add-ons). If the problem goes away, then you need to review your add-ons to see which is affecting your access to the Verizon forums. FWIW, I also occasionally use IE, Google Chrome, and Safari on this Windows PC to access Verizon websites, I can log in with all of them."

In Firefox, when I try to sign in, I enter my Verizon user name and password.  This is NEVER accepted and I am returned to the same page.  The Vz page tries to run some kind of script that Forefox rejects.  Just now, for the first time, I ran Firefox with no add-ins and I WAS able to sign in - which is how I am writing this comment.

My Firefox add-ins are only

NoScript - but all verizon domain names are approved

AdBlock - but I had turned it off separately and

Better Privacy - but that does nothing during a Firefox session; it wipes out Flash cookies only at the end of a session.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Do NOT use new SSL email settings with Outlook Express if I use Avast anti-virus ????
Justin46
Legend

@glnz2 wrote:

Justin - you wrote

"1) I use Firefox exclusively to access all Verizon sites 100% of the time other than for testing something in another broswer, absolutely no problem logging in or doing anything else. What kind of error message do you get? Do you have any add-ons installed? If so I suggest you start Firefox without any add-ons and see if the problem goes away (Mozilla provides a Firefox startup without any add-ons). If the problem goes away, then you need to review your add-ons to see which is affecting your access to the Verizon forums. FWIW, I also occasionally use IE, Google Chrome, and Safari on this Windows PC to access Verizon websites, I can log in with all of them."

In Firefox, when I try to sign in, I enter my Verizon user name and password.  This is NEVER accepted and I am returned to the same page.  The Vz page tries to run some kind of script that Forefox rejects.  Just now, for the first time, I ran Firefox with no add-ins and I WAS able to sign in - which is how I am writing this comment.

My Firefox add-ins are only

NoScript - but all verizon domain names are approved

AdBlock - but I had turned it off separately and

Better Privacy - but that does nothing during a Firefox session; it wipes out Flash cookies only at the end of a session.

Any ideas?

Wow, so few Smiley Very Happy I have 24 active and a number I have disabled because I lost interest or got fed up.....

My guess would be NoScript. I have it installed but disabled, it just caused too many problems for me, it seems like every web page I want to visit uses scripts, and I got tired of fighting with NoScript. Verizon uses a lot of domain names, plus there are the Lithium-related ones that I am pretty sure also run scripts, so my guess is that somewhere you missed one (or more) domains.

Something called "AdBlock" or "Adblock Plus"? I use Adblock Plus, use it to block ads on lots of web pages,including Verizon's, has not caused me any problems, probably my favorite add-on - but then again, I use Colorful Tabs, Download Statusbar, Flashblock, HTTPS-Anywhere, Live IP Address, QuickPageZoom, selectivecookiedelete, ShowIP, Tab Mix Plus, and View Coolkies among others, so it is a little hard to choose Smiley Happy

I too use Better Privacy.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes