E-mail blocking does not appear to be working
knahs

A person I normally email has had their address book spammed so I am getting emails from them with questionable links.  While Verizon has been sending the emails to my spam box instead of my inbox - I did using blocking to block the email address as well as filters to delete any email coming from this email address.  However, the emails are still going to my spam box.  I want the emails to be deleted and not come in at all as I am afraid someone else in the household will click on one of the links.  I also deleted the email address from my contact list.  What am I missing?  It would seem to me that if you block it and filter it - you should be getting NO emails from that address.

0 Likes
Re: E-mail blocking does not appear to be working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

what does your filter look like?   what are the rules 'set'

0 Likes
knahs

Under tab email --> blocking --> block sender's list - I have the email address

Under tab email --> filters --> i have if FROM contains [email address] then delete email message

Neither seem to be blocking/deleting - emails are still going to verizon spam box.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I think the reason has to do with your blocking.  Your blocked senders may be over riding your filters.  so go to your mail settings, and back to the blocked section.

there are three options there.

1. Do not use blocked senders list
  2. Delete the emails from the blocked senders list
  3. Save the emails from those on the blocked senders list

You may have the 3rd one marked?  that would make sense to me. 

you can also delete the blocked senders, if you have filters in place.

0 Likes
knahs

I do have the second option – delete the email checked.   I will try taking it out of the filter area and just put in the blocking area and see if that works.

0 Likes