EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
jennifers23

I CAN RECEIVE EMAIL ON MY PHONE BUT NOT ON MY DESKTOP.  I FORGOT MY PASSWORD AND REQUESTED TO RESET IT- I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS REPEAT HOURS- I HAVE VERIFIED EVERY QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN- O HAVE RESET IT WITH A PIN OVER 20 TIMES AND CAN STILL SIGN ON TO SUB ACCOUNTS  UNDER MY EMAIL BUT WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO SIGN IN TO MY EMAIL ON MY DESKTOP.  I HAVE BEEN WITH VERIZON OVER 20 YEARS AND DEFINITELY AT THE POINT OF CANCELLING EVERYTHING WITH THEM SINCE NO ONE CAN HELP ME.  I HAVE SPOKEN TO SUPERVISORS, LIVE CHATS, EVERYTHING.  THE ONE REP TOLD ME SHE WOULD SUBMIT A TICKET FOR ME AND IT WILL TAKE UP TO 2 WEEKS TO GET A RESPONSE OR A BILLING CYCLE!!!!!! HOW CAN A COMPANY RUN LIKE THIS????? AT THIS POINT I WOULD RATHER TAKE A CHANCE OF DROPPED CALLS WITH ANOTHER COMPANY THEN PAY FOR A SERVICE THAT IS NOT BEING USED AND NOT ABLE TO HAVE ANY "MANAGEMENT" HELP RESOLVE.

0 Likes
81 Replies
marcellanyc2

the lack of customer service given by the website. I could not find a number to call. It says it would send me a temporary password to reset it but through the mail and it said afterwards it couldn't send it. I am really beyond frustrated. May someone please respond to me and fix this issue? Thanks.

Edit: I was able to solve the issue after over a day of troubleshooting the issue myself. 

Thanks anyways.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. You might try calling the toll free 1-800-verizon number.

0 Likes
lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my e-mail account and online access being locked.  I am not overseas.  I have spoken to both tech support and the e-center.  The e-center rep advised me that my account was not locked on their end.  I can create a new password successfully but when I try to log on, I repeatedly receive the message that your account is locked due to multiple failed attempts.  To unlock your account you will need to verify additional items.  Both tech support and the e-center keep transferring me back and forth to each other.  This is crazy.  I have never had an experience like this and do not know what else I can do.  I would appreciate any advise that you could provide.   I have been a Fios customer for almost 4 years and this behavior is inexcusable.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lorlorka,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your account. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi LawrenceC,

Thank you very much for your response.  I was finally able to resolve this issue earlier today.  A very kind, patient,  knowledgable tech support agent reached out to the e-mail group who was finally able to unlock my account. I was informed that the e-mail group is not the same department as the  E-Center. 

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Double check your password is correctly specified both for incoming and outgoing servers.  For further suggestions identify your client email software.  Consider posting all your NON-Confidential settings for thate email client. 

Remember you are mostly talking to peers here.  Only a few admins such as Elizabeth S. are here. 

0 Likes
lorlorka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply to my issue.  I cannot log in to my account on verizon.com either so the issue is not only  my e-mail settings.   Should I post this issue on another Verizon Forum?  Thank you again.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like you will have to contact Verizon.  The normal options are all listed under Contact US which is on all their pages

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/contact-us/index.htm 

If offered it you might want to use the option to have a web chat.

0 Likes
Alittlehelphere
Seems like I may be having similar issue. My email account is locked. Haven't been able to log into to web mail for a couple of weeks without getting into a recursive fight about needing to request a temporary pin only to be informed that the system couldn't process the request and try again. Until this morning my email clients on iPhone and pc have been able to validate and get/send email. I did travel to europe for several weeks in October. Can't to crack the code to get to a human at verizon to help me. Ideas?
0 Likes
KathyMurrieta

I've had the same email for over 10 years and I can't access it. I called verizon and it worked for one time and then back to being locked. I put the code in to reset and everytime it goes to my husband's email account.  I'm so irritated with Verizon. My email is: {edited for privacy}.  I wish I could access it!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi KathyMurrieta,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
star2344

AMEN !!  If I were to write a post of my problems it would be word for word of this post, with the exception that I have been unable to see my email for 12 days. 

0 Likes
FlyerQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am unable to retrieve email from pop.verizon.net in France. I have this account setup on 3 devices and all worked in the US. I can't ping pop.verizon.net either. 

Web mail works but is a pain.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FlyerQ,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
davefrench71

I have the same problem as most of these entries.  How do I get some support?

0 Likes
BrnStmpf

I'm  in Denmark using wifi to access the internet. I'm unable to receive my email from pop.verizon.net for incoming POP3 server, port 995 with or without SSL

I have some access to verizon websites such as this one but many other verizon sites fail. Example

http://www.verizon.com/support/residential/index.htm this one like many others return page with We're sorry....

I know that the pop.verizon.net for incoming mail has and will work in the U.S. !

-Bernard Stumpf

0 Likes
BrnStmpf

In addition the verizon address http://www.verizon.com/Support/Residential/internet.htm

returns a page with this

Verizon
We're sorry....
We are not able to process your request. To continue, please select
one of the following options:

© 2014 Verizon
0 Likes
FlyerQ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I see my original message under My Support Cases and have subscribed, but I don't see anything else...

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

We will forward a note. You should have a response shortly.

0 Likes