Re: Overseas Access To Verizon Email & Webmail Is Blocked
gearbox1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have been experiencing this outage as well.  I have been calling Verizon from the start.  First they told me it was just an email outage until I learned of this affecting only overseas users from this forum.  Bring this up to them, then they said it was for security reasons and that they are working on it and should have resolution in 24-48 hours.  48 hours passed and I got an email from Verizon that it was resolved.  Yeah, for about 15 minutes, then it shut down again.  Same issue, unable to connect with the POP3 server.  So called again and was given another 24-48 hours for a solution.  At least they are aware of the issue and trying to fix it and it appears that this is not a permenant situation.  That would really suck as I am out of the country 9 months out of the year.

I tried having my Gmail account forward all my Verizon email, and outside of getting all my emails from 2009 to 9/17/14, it still doesn't work for newer emails.  Also tried getting my Verizon account to forward emails to my gmail account with no luck.  Even tried my VPN to access my Verizon account in the States and it gets into the portal, but no new emails outside of the sporatic spurts of service.  So I have to believe this is affecting State side emails as well, but not sure.  

0 Likes
Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
kgbhello
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well as I described in previous posts I was in the same situation without any access. Then I regained full access about 30 hours later without doing anything besides joinining this forum. Am I the only one? Is it possible that I've been hacked?  Does the fact of my location in Spain have any relavance? Any ideas?

0 Likes
No Availability of Email Overseas
Noemailcustomer
How can Verizon justify shutting off access to customers email access when they are overseas? I can't believe a company their size can let a problem like this last this long! The only thing that was keeping me with Verizon for my cable, internet and home phone service was my email address that now I can't use while I'm in Europe. Verizon good by, Comcast & Google, here I come!!!
0 Likes
Re: EMAIL ACCOUNT IS LOCKED NO ONE AT VERIZON HAS BEEN ABLE TO SOLVE PROBLEM GOING ON 2 WEEKS!!!!
Charnana
Enthusiast - Level 1

Currently overseas serving in the military and can't get my email!!!! It's been over 48 hours. I can't believe that it's been blocked. Most military where I live have VERIZON services. I pay for full FIOS internet, phone, and cable while I am not using all the other services and can't get my email. Anyone know when this is going to get fixed or is it permanent?  I can't call from where I am to customer service...

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kgbhello wrote:

Well as I described in previous posts I was in the same situation without any access. Then I regained full access about 30 hours later without doing anything besides joinining this forum. Am I the only one? Is it possible that I've been hacked?  Does the fact of my location in Spain have any relavance? Any ideas?

Apparently some access has been fixed.  Not clear if they blocking access for all/some/none from overseas.  What they did post is that accounts are locked because of a problem and how to unlock them.

SEE http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/Email-Account-Password-Lockout/td-p/744863

alanjross
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am another user affected by this same issue.  It has rendered my Verizon email account useless.

0 Likes
SCL3
Enthusiast - Level 2

After trying a few experiments it appears that the access block applies to any IP address not issued by a Verizon server!  I can access the POP3/SMTP login and secure pages for account services and webmail through my VPN, but only the one which is serviced by Verizon.  Being outside of the USA actually has nothing to do with the root cause of the fault.  How a communications company as large as Verizon operate in this manner is beyond belief.

Bryanthebear

I agree this is a very serious inconvenience not to be able to access all of my primary email messages while currently traveling in Europe.  Why is there not some procedure using my sercurity questions, etc., to allow my access???

0 Likes
Sully13

Simlar story here. 

I had been continuing to use my Verizon email remotely while on a posting from DC to Switzerland since 2012.  I stopped being able to collect Verizon email in my client software (Mozilla Thunderbird) after 9pm on Wednesday 9/17/14.  No email access since then.

A few other details:

- I can now access my Verizon email through Verizon's webmail service, once I reset and changed the password with Verizon customer service.

- On Sunday 9/14, my Verizon account sent two spam emails to other, non-Verizon email addresses that I often send to.  Those two messages show up in Verizon's webmail, in the Sent folder.  This is worrisome,strongly suggesting my account was hacked.  Both of these spam messages contained a link, one to a .it address (Italy), the other to a .pl address (poland).

0 Likes
jonesjb
Enthusiast - Level 2

also overseas...

Has Verizon fixed this issue? 

I still can not recieve my mail in outlook... 

it is also affecting my slingbox access...

any solutions, besides verizon webmail or forwarding to another web based mail service (yahoo, gmail, etc)?

thanks in advance...  appreciate any assistance or solutions.

0 Likes