Re: Email Setup in Outlook 2013
lorintim

I have been using both Fios and Outlook 2013 for a few months with no problem.  I began having trouble with sending emails about 2 weeks ago, and by manipulating the content sneder or recipient enough times I wa able to send an individual message.  That no longer works and I have tried changing the SMTP port to 465, 587 and 8889.  None of them work.  I have also tried most of the other suggestions here and on the web.

I s there anyone who has another suggestion?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

stick with the official recomendations

smtp.verizon.net 465 ssl normal password

pop.verizon.net 995 ssl normal password

If you want one of us peers to help we will need to see error messages and all settings (hide things like actual userid and password)

redtbird1

I'm having the same problem. I was on the phone for a half hour this morning with a very caring technician. He took remote control of my computer and tried to fix my problem, but was unsuccessful. He then transferred me to Microsoft where I spoke to two different technicians who did not have the same attitude. The second one walked me through steps and again we were completely unsuccessful. She then "offered" to do advanced troubleshooting for $95, which I refused, of course. Why should I have to pay when their brand new product is not working? It sure seems to be a Microsoft issue since I am able to access my Verizon email and internet through Internet Explorer. I would sure appreciate any help and/or advice.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@redtbird wrote:

I'm having the same problem. I was on the phone for a half hour this morning with a very caring technician. He took remote control of my computer and tried to fix my problem, but was unsuccessful. He then transferred me to Microsoft where I spoke to two different technicians who did not have the same attitude. The second one walked me through steps and again we were completely unsuccessful. She then "offered" to do advanced troubleshooting for $95, which I refused, of course. Why should I have to pay when their brand new product is not working? It sure seems to be a Microsoft issue since I am able to access my Verizon email and internet through Internet Explorer. I would sure appreciate any help and/or advice.

See my previous message.

Remember we are peers here. 

I know many have Outlook 2013 working so details are necessary for us peers to make suggestions.

0 Likes
hbfamily

I, too, was going in circles regarding why I could not get my Outlook 2013 to work with my Verizon email when I found this link: 

http://www.netchimp.co.uk/webdesign/iphone-ipad-macbook-mac/imap-smtp-pop3-settings-for-your-iphone-...

Because my verizon email was setup through yahoo I used the suggested info below and it worked!!  Hopefully it will help some of you too!

• outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net (Port 587)
  • Outgoing POP Server:  incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
0 Likes
BeautifulMind1

Thanks mrschwen!!!! I used the settings as you suggested and now the email is working in Outlook 2013.

0 Likes
Machowbe

This is a new computer (Windows 7 64), but I started with Office 2013. On my other computer with XP and Office 2010 it worked fine. I have a standard Verizon account. Although I also have a yahoo account, they are not connected. I don't understand if it is possible to connect them or if verizon-yahoo is a third type of email. Here are my results:

POP:

Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net 465

Incoming: pop.verizon.net 995

(Left SSL box unchecked):

Errors: Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Send test e-mail message: The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

Then I tried:

IMAP:

Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net 587 (Succeeded)

Incoming: iincoming.verizon.net (143) Failed with:

Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): The connection to the server failed.

POP again:

Incoming: incoming.verizon.net 110 (Succeeded!).

Outgoing: smtp.verizon.net 587 (Failed I don't get this):

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

On a lark, I tried:

Incoming: incoming.verizon.net 110 (Succeeded!).

Outgoing: outgoing.verizon.net 25 (Succeeded!)

These last two are supposedly deprecated, but for the moment they worked for me.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't use IMAP its not supported.

The pop.verizon.net 995 and smtp.verizon.net 465 are the correct servers and port.  You must check the ssl box with the new ports, you said you left it unchecked.

CACTUS24

I am having problems with MS OutLook Express 6.

The In Mail POP3 Port 110 stopped working about 3 weeks ago.

The Out Mail SMTP Port is 25.

The defaults are 110 and 25.

Does Verizon Yahoo have new Ports to use, what is the problem...

CACTUS24

Bucks County, Pennsylvania 

0 Likes
CACTUS24

MS Outlook Express 6 Mail works now, use Ports Out 465  In 995, check off SSL.

Thanks

CACTUS24

0 Likes