Microsoft Edge folder column missing
58gibby
Enthusiast - Level 2

When getting email thru Microsoft Edge the folders section on left side is missing. When using Open with Internet Explorer works fine. Any fix? 

0 Likes
Re: Microsoft Edge folder column missing
ksterz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't got the left column either.  Now I can't get it through internet explorer either.  All I get is the banner and not my emails.  Does Verizon even read these forums?  This is the second forum that I have run across with people having this problem.  I am getting fed up with this problem.  So if I accidently erase an email I have to go get my tablet and resend the email to myself.  I managed to send an email from one of the headings, but everything else is gone, so I can't retreive messages from my folders.  VERIZON FIX THE PROBLEM, NOW!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Internet explorer needs to have Compatibilty mode turned on to work with Webmail.

Its not clear if theis is a Verizon problem or a Microsoft problem.

Note that there is already existing threads about this.

THESE ARE PEER TO PEER FORUMS.  Verizon will not pay attention to your request to fix this unless you directly contact them.  That being said, they are probably aware of the problem.

Re: Email folders disappeared after upgrading to Windows 10
SJBinMD
Enthusiast - Level 2

A VZ DSL Tech told me last week to use Google Chrome or another browser (other than I.E. 11) since I Upgraded to WINDOWS 10 on Aug 3.  I think he said this issue also affects FiOS users.

In I.E. 11, I see NO Folders on left, and NO New eMails.  Only page headers.

In MICROSOFT's new EDGE, the Folders are missing on the LEFT but the NEW eMails show.

The VZ Tech said VZ know about this issue but that VZ cannot resolve it.  It is a MICROSOFT issue.  My hunch is that IF IT IS a MICROSOFT issue, a "FIX" will come out in a WINDOWS 10 UPDATE.  The VZ Tech could NOT give me a time frame.  So for now, I use CHROME to check my VZ Email.  I've read posts where some are able to use Firefox.

Best wishes.

0 Likes
SJBinMD
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you. Turning ON Compatibility mode corrected the display of Verizon eMail in I.E. 11, but did NOT help with Microsoft Edge. In fact I can't even find a setting for Compatibility in Edge. Does anyone have a solution to this issue in Microsoft Edge?
0 Likes
Garry27
Add Verizon to compatibility mode. Its just a work around, you'll have to remove it from compatibility mode to get news, sports or entertainment Web pages. Come on Verizon how long have you had to get ready for windows 10. Give me a fix not a work around
0 Likes
Uke2dr

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed all my folders plus other items associated with drafting emails, deleting, and general access to emails, have disappeared.  How do I retrieve these folders using Windows 10?  The folders are there when I was using Windows 8.1, which was installed by Dell when I bought the computer a 5-6 months ago?  Please give me guidance.  Thank you.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Uke2dr wrote:

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed all my folders plus other items associated with drafting emails, deleting, and general access to emails, have disappeared.  How do I retrieve these folders using Windows 10?  The folders are there when I was using Windows 8.1, which was installed by Dell when I bought the computer a 5-6 months ago?  Please give me guidance.  Thank you.

Don't use the new browser (Edge). THe whole left column is being suppressed because of what it says are errors in the HTML.

If using Internet Explorer you need to turn on Compatibility mode*.  Note that compatibility mode does cause some other errors with some Verizon pages.

Firefox seems to work fine.  Might also work with one of the other browsers e.g. Chrome or Opera.

Not clear if the error is in Verizon pages or in Microsoft's code.  Microsoft may have chosen to not accept certain html errors or old coding that the browser use to accept.

*Interesting update,  I just found that taking off the compatibility list and turning off Use Microsoft Compatibility list works.  So apparently there are multiple levels of compatibility, and the one Microsoft has in its list is causing IE not to work with Verizon's site.  Edge either doesn't have or hides its comparability options.

0 Likes
ibashore

I can't get my Verizon account to come up when I go to "Mail"    It shows my sign in name, but nothing will come up when I try to check the inbox.  Help!!!

0 Likes
Re: getting e-mail using edge
neims

can not seemy folders after downloading windows 10.

0 Likes