Re: Email to Verizon.net customers delayed
dogden1

Having email delay problems today.

0 Likes
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just spoke to Verizon and they have acknowledged there is an issue but have no ETA for resolution.  At least they are acknolwedging it now!  This time the delays are worse than they were in December.  They are taking well over 12 hours to get here and it is at all times of day and night.

0 Likes
harddrive747
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad to know because there were a couple of emails that I received over 12 hours and others are slowly tricklying in.

0 Likes
KJ1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's starting all over again.  Emails arriving at first 2-3 hours late now overnight.  Every time I call, they are clueless, and check with some department and come back and say it's not VZ's fault.  If we all keep reporting it and referring VZ to this forum, at least they will believe something is up.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Three hour delays for email are nothing.  And yes its often the other providers fault.  Of course not always.

0 Likes
FirstStateMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having this problem since November 2014.  Only with a user on @live.com.  During the day i get his e-mail with minimum delay but at night there is about a 6-12 hour delay. If Verizon is telling you they are aware of the problem and are working on it, I guarantee you their NOT.  They don't have a clue how to fix it.  I tried to explain this to a customer rep and I felt like I was talking to a wall.  They didn't understand a thing I was saying.  They tried to tell me I had Outlook configured wrong. I told them that even the web based email on the Verizon web site wasn't receiving the mail. Then they told me to clear my cache. I felt like telling them I'll clear your cache. Did they lay off all the good techs and keep the ones who just pray problems will go away.  This problem has been going on for too long and too many people are experiencing this.  Time for Verizon to own up to the problem and get someone with network and e-mail server knowledge and FIX THIS!

0 Likes
KJ1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

And again it starts.  VZ promised someone would call within 24 hours last week with resolution.  Now my emails are 2 hours late.  Everyone needs to keep reporting as they don't blow it off quite as fast when knowing it's on the forum

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt Verizon guarantees emails will be delivered in less than two hours.  This is not instant messaging.  And most of the problems seem to be other ISP delayed in delivering to Verizon.  It may well be their problem.

I haven't run an EMAIL server for my company in 10 years.  We originally used a dial up connection, but went to a high speed connection in later years.  If you think two hours is slow, you haven't seen the delays we used to get, esp. since we originally had no monitoring tools to tell us when we had problems.  Remember that when a serious problem occurs it envolves calling out a team to fix it.  And although the team may be on call 24/7, they are not manned to support fast response..

0 Likes
KJ1111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just received a message at 6 a.m. 2/6 sent on 2/4 at 10:00 a.m. Commercial notifications are also many hours late in delivery

0 Likes
FirstStateMark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can see by the URL and the logo up at the top of my browser that this is a Verizon fourm.  It's their web site, it's in the

category of "support".  I wondering if there are any employees of Verizon in the support department that actually look at these posts?  This is a **bleep** poor support avenue given by Verizon to help solve problems. Nothing is being done. Just

whole lot of problems being aired by paying customers. You're not getting anywhere with Verizon here. This is just "Ask The Community" forum. Verizon is hoping that others and help each other with problems.  This e-mail delay is a problem that users cannot fix.  No help from Verizon.  This is pathetic.  Thanks for listining - end of rant

0 Likes