Emails to Verizon.net account being rejected
thompa124
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

I am trying to forward an email to my wife's verizon.net account from my email account on another provider.... but the Verizon servers are rejecting the email with the following message:-

Reason: LMTP transmission failure has occurred
  Diagnostic code: lmtp;550 5.2.2 Delivery failed: Over quota
  Remote system: dns;resst175241v.mailsrvcs.net (TCP|10.51.172.75|44811|10.51.175.242|225)

Her Verizon account is barely using any space... what does  'Over Quota' refer to? It is just a regular email from a travel agent.... so I doubt that the size can be an issue!

thanks in anticipation,

Allan

0 Likes
Re: Emails to Verizon.net account being rejected
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@thompa124 wrote:

Hi there,

I am trying to forward an email to my wife's verizon.net account from my email account on another provider.... but the Verizon servers are rejecting the email with the following message:-

Reason: LMTP transmission failure has occurred
  Diagnostic code: lmtp;550 5.2.2 Delivery failed: Over quota
  Remote system: dns;resst175241v.mailsrvcs.net (TCP|10.51.172.75|44811|10.51.175.242|225)

Her Verizon account is barely using any space... what does  'Over Quota' refer to? It is just a regular email from a travel agent.... so I doubt that the size can be an issue!

thanks in anticipation,

Allan

That error means her email storage is full or nearly full. Primary accounts get 2 gigs of mail storage, but sub accounts only get 250 MB. Keep in mind that messages in the Trash still count against the storage quota.

0 Likes